Downloaded files are not saved
Original Title: When I download anything the download box comes up, the green line goes across closes and then nothing happens..
the same thing happens when I try to save it.
After it closes I open explorer to where I saved it and their is no
I need HELP.
I have done Restore as far as I can go and nothing
Anwsers to the Problem Downloaded files are not saved
Download SmartPCFixer to Fix It (Free)
- Were you able to successfully download and save files onto your computer without any issues earlier?
- Which is the browser that you use to download?
- What are the types of file that you are trying to download?
- Does this issue occur with any type of file that you download or is it specific to any particular file type?
Method 1: See if the downloaded files have been hidden.
Try searching for the file that you have downloaded by typing its name
in the search bar.
When the file appears in the search list, right click on the file and click “Open File Location”.
Check if the file is present now.
Method 2: Temporarily disable the antivirus software if installed any and check if the issue persists.
Internet security software, including Firewalls, antivirus programs, anti-spyware programs, and others can block certain file downloads.
Check the settings in your security software to see if there is a setting that may be blocking downloads.
If the issue is fixed, you may have to contact the program manufacturer to know about the settings that can be changed or if there are any other updates for this program.
Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats.
Running a computer without any security software can cause a potential threat to your computer.
Hence, make sure
to enable the Security Software once you are done with the test.
If the issue is not fixed, try the following method:
Method 3: Run the Internet Explorer in no add-ons mode and check to know whether any add-ons are causing this issue.
Step 1: Follow the steps given in “Method 3: Run Internet Explorer in "No Add-Ons" mode” from the link given below.
How to optimize Internet Explorer
Step 2: If the issue does not occur again, the problem is caused by one of the add-ons that typically load together with Internet Explorer.
In this case, follow the steps given under “Method 3, Option 2:
Use the Manage Add-ons tool to determine which add-on is causing the issue” from the link given above.
Additonal information on:
Downloading files from the Internet: frequently asked questions
Divya R – Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error Downloaded files are not saved
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Downloaded files are not saved:
How to Fix Downloaded files are not saved with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Run it, and it will scan your system. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: Way to Update & Download SONY SVE14A2X1EH Wireless State Device driver
,How to Update & Download SONY SVS1511X9RB Graphics Driver for D2 (Intel) v.9.17 - 22.214.171.12428
,Method to Download SONY VGN-CR290N Realtek High Definition Audio Driver v.126.96.36.19933
,Download SONY VGN-FS710/W Utilities DLL Update v.6.4.0.06290 driver
,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR460E/P Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver v.188.8.131.5247
,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?
,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch
,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved]
,Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix
,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?
,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll
,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?
,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error
,Java Runtime Tech Support
,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
,Solution to ashoutxt.dll Missing Error
,Solution to cxcore096.dll Missing Error
,Where can I Find dsauth.dll File
,How to Fix msde.dll Not Found Error
,Best Method to Fix psizewizres.dll Error
Read More: Solution to Error: Does anyone know how to fix the "Missing C Drive" problem in Windows7's System Properties.exe
,How to Resolve - does Excel have an endofweek function simular to endofmonth function?
,How to Fix Problem - downloaded microsoft word 2010 and now can't view pdf files?
,Troubleshooter of Error: Does anyone know how to stop W& from polling my home network.
,Tech Support: Does Windows 7 Home Basic have the option to personalize the desktop
,Data validation question. Maintaining and updating named ranges.
,Desktop Gadget Gallery on Windows 7
,delete empty rows
,Deleting a page and also how can I copy an exact page lay out on a new page
,Date Formula for 1st Sunday of each Month (3rd to 9th)