Here's some information about me, Drew Duckworth.
tonneten.net is where I host various
projects: there are no ongoing publishing activity at the moment, however. From September 2007, I'm away from Australia on an extended break.
I work at the Human Services Network (HSNet), which is a NSW Government
initiative to share information and resources between all Government
and NGO community and welfare services across the state. We are working
on ServiceLink, the electronic client referral tool.
- tonneten library :: syndication (No longer online): 'Generating ideas about syndicated content (e.g. RSS, Atom) for special libraries.'
(June 04 to January 05)
- version two (No longer online): A blog about web and personal interests
(October 01 to April 04)
- PIK wiki (No longer online): documenting 'People, Information and Knowledge' (UTS, Semester One, 2005)
(February 05 to June 05)
- version one
(nothing dynamic at all): IT, politics, photos, usability and
(Oct 01 to April 02)
- ZenSiren.id.au: Jaqi's blog has grown into something grander: it was moved to WordPress in June '06, allowing Jaqi more control over the whole site, and better protection from comment spam than MT 2.x.
- I'm putting together a list of my favourite movies. I'm using Backpack from 37 Signals, whose other products like Ta-da list and Basecamp are working well for me too. Elegant.
- In 2005 I completed a Master of Arts in Information and Knowledge Management.
- The interplay between Information Management (& KM) and technology in the organisation: e.g. wikis and CMSs, intranet design (e.g. Twiki, Drupal).
- Ways to generate value out of social networking tools for researchers and web users, especially using RDF tools/vocabularies like FOAF and RSS.
- I use del.icio.us to keep track of 'worthy' URLs: you can find what I'm reading about with the 'toRead' tag.
- Syndication: I'm not working on any projects here currently, so check out del.icio.us (RSS) and Flickr (RSS | Atom)