Welcome to the Chicana/o Studies Orientation Site for Online and Regular Courses at Los Angeles City College.
I encourage to Read the entire page. Important information exists that will prepare you to take my regular and online courses.
Taking an online class offers you the opportunity to take a college course without ever stepping onto campus. You have a busy schedule, but it is wonderful that you have taking an interest in your education by taking my online course. However, I do want you to know that taking an online class requires the same commitment that a regular non-online class. So, here are some key points to think about:
- Number of Student Hours needed to succeed in the course per week for our 3 unit class during the 2014 Spring Semester:
- Online Full 6 Week Short Term Course (ChS 7, ChS 8, ChS 44) 15-19 hours a week.
- Regular Face to Face Course (ChS 7, ChS 8, ChS 44) 9 hours a week.
- Online Courses:
- ChS 8 - Mexican American History II is a FULLY ONLINE SHORT-TERM COURSE (Feb. 10 - Mar. 23), we will never meet on campus.
- ChS 44 - Mexican Civilization is a FULLY ONLINE SHORT-TERM COURSE (Feb. 10 - Mar. 23), we will never meet on campus.
- ChS 7 - Mexican American History I is a FULLY ONLINE SHORT-TERM COURSE (Feb. 10 - Mar. 23), we will never meet on campus.
- Regular Face to Face Courses:
- ChS 7 - Mexican American History I
- ChS 8 - Mexican American History II
- ChS 44 - Mexican Civilization
- If you need assistance with Etudes, go to this website: http://lacitycollege.edu/online/Menu.htm
- For students who need OSS assistance, please visit this website:http://lacitycollege.edu/services/oss/index.html
- AND IF, this is your first online course, please take the time to take this quiz to determine your readiness for an online class:http://lacitycollege.edu/schedule/openclasses/readiness.html
On this site, I provided some basic information about the Spring 2014 courses. The full syllabus will be posted in Etudes on the first day of class.
Please keep in mind that you need to ACCEPT the syllabus in Etudes to be part of the class on the first day of class. If you do not log in and accept the syllabus on the first day of class, you will be a NO SHOW and dropped from the course.