ACADEMIC OPEN HOUSE
Tuesday, September 24, 2012
K-2 5:00 pm - 5:45 pm (3-5 kids can eat!)
3-5 6:00 pm – 6:45 pm (K-2 kids can eat!)
Parents invited to classrooms; students invited to the gym for a bite to eat when they are not involved with classroom activities.
· To have parents and students interacting through hands-on activities typical of a student’s school day; less sit and listen
· To obtain information regarding grade level standards and classroom daily activities
· To sign up for Goal Setting Conferences
· To experience a flavor of the school community through extended staff members: Mrs. DeGeorge – art, Mrs. Osann – music, Mr. Conley – PE, Mrs. Altham and Mr. Jake Koelker– Computer (in the library), Mrs. DiMauro – nurse with flu and dental clinic updates and sign ups, and others!
· To learn more about social – emotional supports at school with Mr. Hebert, guidance and Ms. Swanson, social worker.
Please keep in mind that this format is not a confidential setting and is not an appropriate forum to update families on individual progress. We look forward to the October Goal Setting Conferences to discuss your student’s progress to date, while building year long learning goals.
Do NOT miss this important opportunity to learn what your child will be engaged in for almost 1,125 hours of his/her lives this year!