Welcome to the Horowitz Dog Cognition Lab!
Begun in 2008, our lab studies the behavior and cognition of the domestic dog, Canis familiaris. Past and present research topics include:
- Dog-human play -- categories and consequences
- Olfactory discrimination of dogs
- Empirical investigation of anthropomorphisms, including:
- Analysis of the dog's understanding of "fairness"
- An analysis of the "guilty look" of dogs
- Use of attention and play signals in social play
- Intra-canid vocalizations: barks, whines, whimpers
Fill out the form at the tab above ("Participate in our research") if you live in New York City and are interested in participating in our next study