PREREQUISITES: KCDM 294 or KCDM 295 or KCGD 220
Focuses on the integration of animation, sound, video, text, and post-production techniques. Students will be able to apply these techniques to their major area of study.
The student will be able to:
1 .Demonstrate proficiency with the creative and technical aspects of compositing video, illustration, special effects and animation and applying it to a motion-based design.
2. Recognize current animation genres, understand the related copyright issues, and discuss possible distribution channels for animated works.
3. Conceptualize, develop and refine a project from start to finish.
4. Demonstrate proficiency with the use of Adobe After Effects.
5. Create compelling visual statements through the integration of multiple software applications.
6. Understand the standard and current outputs for motion-based designs.
7. Critique, compare, and dissect animation concept proposals, works in progress, and finished works as a member of a review group.
SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS: Yes
Log on to www.kcad.edu/about/technology/digital-media-technology for current requirements
SUPPLEMENTARY RESOURCES FOR STUDENT RESEARCH
Trish and Chris Meyer. Creating Motion Graphics with After Effects.
Trish and Chris Meyer. After Effects Apprentice.