Each of the links below will bring you to more information about drive systems
- Protobot & TumbleBot directions This link brings you to the .pdf document with the directions on how to build the ProtoBot & the TumbleBOT
- Clawbot directions This link brings you to the .pdf document on how to build the VEX introductory robot called the ClawBOT
- Available Wheels This link brings you to a discussion on the different types of wheel available for your VEX robot.
- Comparison of wheels This link brings you to the simpleRobotics video that compares the different types of wheels for the VEX system.
- Skid-Turn Systems This type of drive system turns by driving the wheels forward on one side and on the other side either drive the wheels at a different speed, stopping this side of wheels, or spinning this set of whels in the opposite direction. Skip-Turn systems are found in 2-wheel drive and 4 wheel/multiple wheel drive.
- Track Systems This type of drive system uses the same turning principles as the skid-turn system except it has tracks instead of wheels.
- Holonomic systems This type of system uses wheels with rollers on them and by placing the rollers at an angle to each other and powering each wheel with a motor, the force vectors between wheels can be changed. This allows the robot to move in 2 different planes and rotate.
- Swerve wheel systems – With this type of system the wheels are in individual pods (P/N: 276-0506) with each wheel powered by a motor.