Date: Saturday, July 19th, 2014
Time: 8:30 - 5:00
Location: University of Washington South Campus Center (please come here on Saturday morning)
Lab events will take place at Magnuson Health Sciences Center, room D165
Hands-on Dental Experiences:
Presentations and Information Sessions:
Cut and fill a cavity prep
Wax up a tooth
Suture a banana skin
Have a mock interview and get feedback
Financial aid and options for paying for dental school
Current issues in dentistry
All about University of Washington School of Dentistry
Dental school tour
Take home goodies:
Plastic molar you cut and filled with composite
Plastic incisor you waxed
A stone model from the impression you made
Contacts with current dental students
What to Bring and Wear:
Participants in DIDD typically choose to wear business casual, but please be mindful that we will be doing hands-on dental exercises and moving around between stations. We suggest comfortable slacks and a button-down shirt or nice top. Ladies, please feel free to wear flats (it would be a long day in heels). Please also follow the following clinic attire guidelines:
2. No flowy or see-through garments
3. If you have long hair, please hold it back in some way (elastic, etc.)
We will have disposable masks, clinic gowns, and gloves for you to use.
1. Resume/cover letter if you would like your interviewer to take a quick look at it (time permitting)
2. Eyewear (e.g. from undergraduate chemistry lab) - even if you wear glasses
How to Get There:
UW School of Dentistry
1959 Northeast Pacific Street
Seattle, WA 9810
Driving Directions from I-5:
1. Exit at 45th Street NE
2. Proceed Eastbound on 45th St. to 15th Ave NE and turn right (south)
3. Cross NE Pacific St. and go down the hill.
4. At the stop sign, continue straight and the road will veer to the left (turns into Columbia Rd)
5. At the attendant station, say you would like to park in the S-1 parking lot and pay the fee ($5 on Saturdays).
6. Park in the S-1 parking lot. South Campus Center is directly off of S1 parking lot toward the lake - we'll have balloons and signs to help you find us.
Driving Directions from 520:
1. Exit at Montlake Blvd.
2. Proceed north (toward the stadium) and cross over the Montlake Bridge. Make sure to get into the left lane.
3. At NE Pacific St., turn left
4. Take a left at NE 15th St. and go down the hill
5. At the stop sign, continue straight and the road will veer to the left (turns into Columbia Rd)
6. At the attendant station, say you would like to park in the S-1 parking lot and pay the fee ($5 on Saturdays).
7. Park in the S-1 parking lot. South Campus Center is directly off of S1 parking lot toward the lake - we'll have balloons and signs to help you find us.
Bus Service: Bus service to the UW Medical Center (attached to Magnuson) includes: #43, 44, 48, 133, 167, 197, 271, 272, and 277. Buses including #65, 68, 75, and 372 also arrive above Pacific St. (there is a bridge across Pacific that will take you to the 4th floor T-wing. to get to D165 from here, take a left after the coffee stand, take a right at the end of the hall and go all the way down the hall into the D wing. Take the elevators to the first floor and you'll be at D165). South Campus Center is across the S1 parking lot from D-165.
Parking: Please park in the S1 parking lot (costs $5 on Saturdays). South Campus Center is directly off of S1 parking lot toward the lake - we'll have balloons and signs to help you find us.
Contacts: If you have questions, the easiest way to ask them is on our facebook page or email email@example.com.