Online Information Systems Course Class 05-2011
Course Director: MAJOR EMMANUEL L DE DUQUE (SC) PA
The Online Information Systems Course will address the need to train the Philippine Army's Information Systems Officers and NCOs.
Objective: To teach the students the theoretical Information Technology concepts needed in being an Information Systems Officer/NCO.
1. Must pass the online qualifying exam and belong to the top 35 qualifiers.
2. Must be computer literate.
3. Must have a working e-mail address.
Quota: Thirty Five (35) students
Duration: Eight (8) Weeks or 320 periods
Training Location: Online via Internet or PA Intranet. Students will still be at their respective units as they take the course via Internet; and shall receive their certificates through email. No need to proceed to The Signal School, Army Signal Regiment (P).
For those interested, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com using your own personal working email account to receive instructions on how to take the qualifying exam. Indicate this course that you intend to take, your Rank, Full Name, AFP Serial Nr, AFPOS/MOS, CP Number, and Present Unit Assignment.
1. Introduction to the Online Information Systems Course
2. Understanding Computers and Computer Literacy
3. The Internet and the World Wide Web
4. How a Computer Processes Data
5. Input, Output, and Storage
6. PC Hardware and Software Inventory
7. E-mail and Electronic Communication
9. Network Design
Start Date: 18 July 2011
For any inquiries, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Cpl Marvin M Tapulayan at BONTEX 6729.