ART MAKES A DIFFERENCE
High speed rail and BART are coming to San Jose bringing dramatic change to the Diridon Station area. Add a ball park, retail and commerce and you have a rich mix. Art will be an important part of making it vibrant,creating delight, linking the station to downtown, and reconnecting residents to the rivers.
San Jose Office of Cultural Affairs has commissioned artists Ellen Sollod and Dan Corson to develop the Diridon Station Area Public Art Master Plan.
Throughout fall, 2009, we will be gathering the thinking of residents, businesses,artists and others to shape a vision for art.
• articulate a vision for art as an essential part of the Diridon Station Area redevelopment.
• lay the groundwork for future art commissions and maximize opportunities for a wide
range of artistic expressions and forms.
Opportunities for public participation
• Public Art Advisory Committee
• Email comments: email@example.com
• Workshop II: Presentation of Draft Plan
• Workshop III: Presentation of Final Plan