DICOManTX - The All-In-One DICOM Wizard
DICOManTX is a major upgrade to the original artifact DICOMan (http://radonc.uams.edu/research/dicoman/). Most of the essential data structures have been redesigned to make it more robust and more powerful. The current version is 4.8.5 Build 1168 released on July 5th, 2018. (Please download the software package here).
DICOManTX was originally designed for DICOM gurus. However many users found it a useful tool for clinical practice, R&D and education. To learn more about how it was started, you may want to visit its more detailed introduction page.
To adapt to the latest release of DICOM standards and user needs, DICOManTX is constantly evolving. Please check this website periodically to get the latest upgrade.
- Structured Report (SR) IOD is supported.
- Images can be rescaled.
- Images can be resampled.
- Reconstructed images on orthogonal planes can be exported in separate series.
- Create a new Spatial MIP image series based on an original.
- Added a tool to burn patient's dataset onto a CD/DVD-ROM with a built-in viewer and a Basic Directory Infomation object "DICOMDIR".
- ROIs or RT Structure Set can be copied and pasted.
- Online manual was completely rewriten to cover all features. The new structure made it more responsive and easy to browse.
- Protocol builder was added to model clinical protocols.
- Plan assessment panels were added to evaluate ROI dose statistics and protocol compliance.
- Added a tool to mask off pixels inside or outside a ROI.
- Added a CT phantom builder to customize and create a digital CT phantom (box, sphere or cylinder) in user-defined specs.
- ROI of predefined customizable ROI shapes (sphere, box, ellipsoid and cylinder) can be created for R&D.
- RT dataset cloning module (with new UIDs) was added.
- A comprehensive plan reporting in PDF is fully functional.
- RT plan dose distributions can be captured and encoded in Secondary Capture objects so that they can be uploaded to a regular PACS.
- An organ motion study module was added.
- RT dataset integrity checking feature was added.
- Dose distribution comparison module was added for users to compare different plans.
- Contours can be highlighted or made touchable.
- DICOM standard text was integrated with this application. DICOM standard text viewer was added.
- Built-in PDF viewer was added. PDF files will be treated as non-DICOM objects (PDF reader needs to be installed).
- A DICOM tag dictionary viewer was added.
- Manual prescription entry/edition module was added.
- Integral dose calculation module was added.
- Contours and optionally contour name can be engraved on images in a given pixel value.
- Spherical 3D GRID targets was added in TOMOGRID module.
- Dx Vx plan evaluation module was added.
- Contours can be detected and imported from segmentation images.
- Image AOI pixel statistics module was added.
- More image window layouts were added.
- Manual contouring function was added. More contouring tools will be added soon.
- RTP-to-DICOM RTPLAN conversion module was added.
- Semi-automatic image concatenation feature was added.
- The support for reading and writing RTSTRUCT objects was enhanced.
- ROI segmentation module will support up to 64 ROIs.
- Graphical user interface was redesigned.
- The EGS4 phantom creation module will support all patient positions.
- An imaging dose tracking module was added.
- A regional image pixel modification module was added for clinical researches on multi-modality image registration.
- The TrueBeam TeachMod was added for clinical R&D on Varian TrueBeam's developer mode.
- Analyze image format is supported.
- The calculation module for biological indices was enhanced.
- A looping feature for 4D CT was added.
- Planar grid on images was added to evaluate geological distortion and motion.
- POI management module was added.
- The MLC module (import and export) was enhanced.
- The RTP module (import and export) was upgraded to support FFF beams, wedges, bolus, block and compensator.
- A general extensible toolbox was added for future upgrades.
- The DICOM Retriever was upgraded.
- The Revamp module was upgraded.
- The DICOM pusher was upgraded.
- A pixel-shifting feature was added.
- The DVH calculation module was updated so that DVHs can be computed more efficiently and more precisely.
Work in Progress:
- Add DICOM IOD modeling and verification module.
- Fully support "SEG" modality.
- Add ROI Boolean operation module.
- Export "SEG" object.
- Add image registration module and fully support spatial registration "REG" IOD.
- Update Radiation Biology module to support biology-based plan assessment.
The installation package of DICOManTX can be downloaded below (click the blue downward arrow). The license for DICOMan should work for DICOManTX. Please be advised that DICOMan and its hosting webpage will no longer be updated. Please check this website periodically to get the latest version.
For many users of Windows 7 and above, installation is not needed. You simply download the package and unzip it to a folder. If that did not work out, you may have to install needed runtimes.
- Download and install Microsoft ActiveX End-User Runtimes (March 2008 or later version) directx_mar2008_redist.exe.
- Download and install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update vcredist_x86.exe.
- Install Adobe PDF reader https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/pdf-reader.html.
- Download DICOManTX package and unzip it to a folder, execute DicomanTX.exe and generate a license request file.
- Attach the license request file to an email that you are going to send to the author at Yulong.Yan@utsouthwestern.edu.
- When received a license, validate it in the same licensing module where your request was created.