As a research associate, I am working in the Biomedical Imaging Laboratory with Dr. David Wilson at Case Western Reserve University. Collaborating with the Cardiovascular Imaging Core Laboratory at University Hospitals Case Medical Center, I am dedicated to investigate new image analysis algorithms using machine learning and computer vision techniques to provide Computer-Aided Diagnosis (CAD) software for coronary artery disease, stent implantation and cardiac perfusion monitoring, etc.
Before I came to Case Western Reserve University, I was working at Michigan State University in the Pattern Recognition and Image Processing (PRIP) Lab, under the direction of Prof. Anil K. Jain in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE). My research there focused on unconstrained face recognition and face spoof detection in video and image.
I received bachelor degree from the Department of Information and Electronic Engineering, Zhejiang University, and Ph.D degree from the Department of Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua University. My Ph.D adviser was Prof. Xiaoqing Ding (IAPR Fellow).
After graduation, I was an assistant professor in the Department of Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua University. As a principle researcher in the State Key Lab of Intelligent Technology and System and Tsinghua-HP Joint Laboratory, I worked closely with Prof. Xiaoqing Ding, Prof. Bo Zhang (Academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences) and Prof. Xiaoyan Zhu. During these years, my research interests span the area of face recognition, content based multimedia retrieval, object detection and video surveillance, face demographic (gender/age/race) recognition, etc.
• Ph.D., Depart. of Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua Univ.
• Master program, Depart. of Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua Univ.
• B.S., the Mixed Class Program (Inter-discipline Elite Class), Depart. of Information and Electronic Engineering, Zhejiang Univ.
• Depart. of Biomedical Engineering (BME), Case Western Reserve University, Research Associate
• Depart. of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Michigan State University, US, Post Doctoral Research Fellow
• Depart. of Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua University, China, Assistant Prof.
• Microsoft Research Asia, Research Intern