Below is a detailed walkthrough for finding the source of issues. Please use it if you are unsure how to pinpoint issues. Any information provided below not specific to the Dev Aveza can be applied to finding issues with other mods as well.
- To backup your save games, go to Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves and move the entire folder to a safe location, like your desktop.
- If you have ever made any changes to your .ini files, grab Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini from Documents\My Games\Skyrim as well and put them with your save folder.
Run BOSS or LOOT and then load the game with SKSE. To quickly reach the airship, open the console on the Main Menu and enter coc _da_skyship_interior_cs.You are now in the Full Cabin interior. Try to reproduce the error you were having priorly. DO NOT test with the cannons model, it is still alpha.
- Load up the default Skyrim Launcher with Steam, it will regenerate the .ini files for you. Then quit out again.
If the issue is resolved without removing mods, we suggest you start a new game, as you are likely suffering from save game corruption.
- If the error involved the beacon, you may chose to use coc whiterunexterior01 instead at step 3 above.
- To test with the beacon, open the console again and enter help beacon. Look for the WEAP entry Airship Beacon.
- Type player.additem XX0400ee 1, the X's to be replaced by the code you searched for in the previous step.
If the issue remains, uninstall everything except for SkyUI, SKSE and the Dev Aveza. This includes any ENB or similar core folder mods.Double check your .esp list. It should look like this:
- If you had to remove your .ini files, put just them back in and rerun steps 3 and 4. If the issue returns, your .ini files are causing the issue. You may be able to salvage your save game, but you will likely have to use clean .ini files.
Repeat steps 3 and 4.If you are having the problem at this step, uninstall everything remaining and verify your files through Steam. Then reinstall and repeat steps 3 and 4.Once the test with no mods is done, add in the Unofficial Patches for your game, run BOSS or LOOT, and repeat steps 3 and 4 again.After testing with just the Unofficial Patches, test your ENB now if needed. If this causes issues, please do not bother reporting as we cannot help you.If you usually use a controller, do a quick test with it now. If this causes issues, we suggest you find a way to use the ship with your keyboard.If you have not yet found the issue, add some of your mods back in. Ten is an easy number grouping to work with. Repeat steps 3 and 4.If the group of mods works, remove them again before adding the next set.Once you've found a group of mods containing a problem, remove half of them and with the other half installed repeat steps 3 and 4.
- Dawnguard.esm (if installed)
- Hearthfire.esm (if installed)
- Dragonborn.esm (if installed)
If the problem disappears before finding a single mod causing it in a set, then:
- If the problem is not present, swap the installed mods to the other group and repeat steps 3 and 4 again.
- If the problem is present, remove more mods and repeat steps 3 and 4 again.
- Continue this cycle until you find the one causing the issue.
- Remove the problematic mod, then recheck the remaining nine before moving to the next group.
Write down the names of any mods found to be problems during steps 15 and 16, noting specific combinations where needed.Even if you find a problematic mod, continue checking sets to ensure there are not multiple issues.Once you have checked all of your mods, load up all mods that have not been removed in testing, and run steps 3 and 4 again.If you still have issues, we will now test larger sets of mods to check for multi-mod issues.
- Load up the last group in the set that caused issues.
- Remove each mod one a time until the problem goes away.
- Test each mod in the set individually with the mod removed in the previous step.
- If the issue does not present, restart this cycle and remove mods one by one except the priorly found partial problem
- With two partial problem mods found, test them against each individual mod remaining.
- This should leave you with one or more specific combinations that do not work with the Dev Aveza.
Check the mods you have written down for updates, and the problematic combinations for known incompatibilities with each other. It is possible that the issue is not related to the Dev Aveza at all, but presents when using the airship because of it's reliance on custom scripts.If all the mods on your list are up to date and are not known to be incompatible with each other, you may now post your bug report here.
- Load up half of your mods and follow steps 3 and 4. If there are no issues, repeat with the other half.
- If there are issues, follow the directions from steps 15 and 16 until you find specific problematic combinations. Write them down.