History of e-Forms
The Automated Form Templates in Excel was created with the teacher in mind. As you all well know, all elementary and high school teachers suffer from paperwork fatigue. These paperwork come in the form of
- Class Records (10 subjects sometimes)
- Form 1 or School Register
- Form 2 or monthly attendance of students
- Daily Time Record
- Class Attendance -
- Form 137 - Permanent Student Record - a list of student grades and student history
- Form 128 - Class or School Report Card, a list of student grades, attendances and comments
- Master List - a list of student grades, attendances
- Form 29 and Form 30
- and much more!
Mr. Alfonso Corpuz, a physics teacher of Iligan CIty East High School-Sta. Filomena, developed his templates of 16 different forms, all interconnected (linked) to each other so that it minimizes computation, table-look up and data entry. The resulting Excel files which were originally made independent from each other as early as 1997 were made into an integrated platform originally called Automated Forms. When Mr. Exquil Bryan Aron, then a Mathematics department head was prodded by our then Principal Dr. Rose Marie Ann M. Saavedra to create an integrated electronic forms last May 2006, he contacted me (Alfonso Corpuz), and I immediately came up with the integrated form a week after he first contacted me and the result was re-named "e-Forms" or electronic Forms for Elementary and Secondary teachers.
Since then, this set of templates has become the standard template used in the Division of Iligan City and unfortunately been plagiarized by certain unscrupulous people. However, these e-Forms has been Nationally submitted and presented in the following events
- 2007 Computer Congress - Sponsored by Philippine Computer Society - SOFITEL Hotel, Manila
- 2008 - 3rd National ICTs in Basic Education - Cebu City
- 2010 - 4th National ICTS in Basic Education - Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City
And has been recognized by Microsoft for its clever use of Excel formulas in creating a tool in assisting teachers in coming up with their forms.