Welcome! The mission of the PTA is to improve the education provided to DLS students by supporting the school and its activities. The PTA helps to fund a wish list of items from the school as well as many additional activities that make our school such a wonderful place. The success of the PTA is directly linked to the participation of parents, so we strongly encourage everyone to be involved this year.
- Looking for Room Parents for 2016-2017 - Would you like to be more involved in your child’s classroom during the next school year? A great way to do this is by volunteering to be a Room Parent. Room Parents act as the link between the teachers and the parents in a class, among other things. If you’re interested, please email your contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Volunteer for the PTA Executive Board for 2016-2017 - The PTA is still seeking members of the DLS community who are interested in serving on the PTA Executive Board. If you would like to serve as President-Elect (becoming President the following year), please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your consideration – we look forward to working with you! For more information on the current board positions, visit http://www.dlspta.org/committees.
Not ready to commit to a full-year position? No problem! Your time is extremely important in helping to make our events successful.If you have a couple of hours to support or help plan these FUNdraisers (like Bingo Night or Direct Giving Parties), please let us know. Email email@example.com.
- Join the Nomination Committee for New Members to the DLS Board - The DLS Board is looking for parent participation on its newly formed nomination committee. This committee, co-chaired by two board members, will meet a few times over the summer to process new board member applications and to make recommendations for nomination to the board. If you are interested in serving on this ad hoc committee, please contact Lisa Peloso at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DLS West Recycling Project Needs You! - We are hoping to bring recycling program to DLS West beginning in the fall of 2016! We are looking for a few committed parents to help with submitting a grant to Green Up Our Schools to help cover the costs of the program as well as to help create and implement a plan for sustainable recycling at DLS West. We need to get our efforts underway as soon as possible in order to be ready for the beginning of the next school year. Please contact Lisa Peloso to sign up today! email@example.com.
- DLS Green Team In Need of Lunchroom Help - We are so excited to have our compost and recycling programs back at DLS, but for the programs to succeed, we really need some parent help! It is only a 2-hour shift from 11:05-12:55 and you get to see your kid(s). If just 10 people sign up, we will have enough help to get us through the beginning of March! Please sign up here to help out! http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0e4fa5a82ba02-lunchtime
- We need volunteers for general help at both campuses. Stay tuned for sign-up opportunities, or please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming PTA-Sponsored Events
Keep an eye out for and share upcoming events and view past events through our Facebook page as well, at https://www.facebook.com/dlspta/events.
Order School Supplies by June 30 for Next Year through 1st Day School Supplies
Skip the lines and order your 2016-2017 back-to-school supply kit from 1st Day School Supplies by Thursday, June 30th!
Visit http://www.1stdayschoolsupplies.com to order your child's back to school supply kit now – enter “80220” to find DLS. Supplies will be directly delivered to your child’s classroom – no muss, no fuss!
Become part of the Denver Language School Celebration Community Garden for 2016!
We are now accepting applications to have a garden plot for the 2016 season! The DLS Celebration Community Garden applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once the plots are full, you will be placed on a waiting list. Denver Urban Gardens asks each gardener to pay a $35/year fee, which helps subsidize water, compost and other garden materials. This fee can be waived based on financial need, so please ask for information because the garden is open to all!
Contact Garden Leader Julie Feeny at email@example.com for information.
The DLS Celebration Community Garden is a school-supported community garden opened in 2014 in partnership with Denver Urban Gardens. In addition to providing a space for school families and neighbors to connect while growing delicious food, the garden provides a hands-on learning opportunity for students and their teachers to explore life sciences, healthy living and taking care of the environment.
Spring Cleaning? Gently Used Uniforms Now Accepted at Both DLS Locations!
Spring cleaning for the Green Team's Red Apple Recycling Drive? We're gearing up for fall uniform sales! Please bring your gently worn uniforms (with all logos) to the collection boxes, located at the front desk of both locations. Need uniforms? Back-to-school sale dates coming soon.
Join DLS and Fundraise with Mabel’s Labels to help keep the Lost and Found Clean!
Visit www.campaigns.mabelslabels.com and search for Denver Language School to order your labels today!
June 27: GB Fish and Chips, Park Hill location: 5325 E. Colfax, Denver, CO 80220 AND Washington Park location: 1131 S. Broadway, Denver, CO 80210, Monday, June 27 from 11:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. Click here to share the Facebook event with your family and friends.
Page last updated 14 June 2016