Welcome! The mission of the PTA is to improve the education provided to DLS students by supporting the school and its activities. The PTA helps to fund a wish list of items from the school as well as many additional activities that make our school such a wonderful place. The success of the PTA is directly linked to the participation of parents, so we strongly encourage everyone to be involved this year.
- Looking for Room Parents for 2016-2017 - Would you like to be more involved in your child’s classroom during the next school year? A great way to do this is by volunteering to be a Room Parent. Room Parents act as the link between the teachers and the parents in a class, among other things. If you’re interested, please email your contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Join the Nomination Committee for New Members to the DLS Board - The DLS Board is looking for parent participation on its newly formed nomination committee. This committee, co-chaired by two board members, will meet a few times over the summer to process new board member applications and to make recommendations for nomination to the board. If you are interested in serving on this ad hoc committee, please contact Lisa Peloso at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DLS West Recycling Project Needs You! - We are hoping to bring recycling program to DLS West beginning in the fall of 2016! We are looking for a few committed parents to help with submitting a grant to Green Up Our Schools to help cover the costs of the program as well as to help create and implement a plan for sustainable recycling at DLS West. We need to get our efforts underway as soon as possible in order to be ready for the beginning of the next school year. Please contact Lisa Peloso to sign up today! email@example.com.
- DLS Green Team In Need of Lunchroom Help - We are so excited to have our compost and recycling programs back at DLS, but for the programs to succeed, we really need some parent help! It is only a 2-hour shift from 11:05-12:55 and you get to see your kid(s). If just 10 people sign up, we will have enough help to get us through the beginning of March! Please sign up here to help out! http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0e4fa5a82ba02-lunchtime
- We need volunteers for general help at both campuses. Stay tuned for sign-up opportunities, or please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming PTA-Sponsored Events
Keep an eye out for and share upcoming events and view past events through our Facebook page as well, at https://www.facebook.com/dlspta/events.
Summer Kindergarten Playdates
Come meet all the 2016-2017 families for a fun playdate! We will play at Sunset Park/West Park at Oneida St. and E. 2nd Avenue in Lowry. Light refreshments provided.
Thursday, July 7, 5:00-7:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 30, 4:00-6:00 p.m. (Facebook event)
Sunday, August 7, 10:00 a.m.-noon (Facebook event)
Please RSVP to email@example.com.
Used Uniform Sale and PTA Table at Registration July 29 and August 1
Registration for the upcoming school year is just around the corner! On July 29th and August 1st at DLS East you will find a PTA table with info on how you can be involved at DLS, as well our gently used Uniform Sale. School uniform shirts, jumpers, dresses and sweaters, as well as pants, skirts and shorts will be available for sale during Registration. This is an economical way to stock your child’s closet with uniforms for next year and raise money for DLS at the same time!
As an added bonus, Jumping Jitters Coffee Truck will be at DLS East on Friday, July 29 from 7:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. and the Doppios's Coffee Trucks with be at registration on Monday, August 1 from 7:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. 20% of sales will go to the PTA.
Have gently used uniforms to drop off? Please bring them! All logo versions and khaki/navy bottoms are welcome!
Save the Date: DLS Night Market October 1
The DLS PTA is hosting a new fundraiser/community event this fall. A Night Market on Saturday, October 1 from 4:00-8:00 p.m. Please save the date as this will be an event for the entire family to attend!
We envision a street market with vendors selling items from around the world, but emphasizing the Hispanic and Asian cultures. There will be carnival-style games/booths for entertainment and six to ten food trucks for refreshments.
The PTA is looking for suggestions for vendors, performances, and food trucks. Please share your ideas through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join DLS and Fundraise with Mabel’s Labels to help keep the Lost and Found Clean!
Visit www.campaigns.mabelslabels.com and search for Denver Language School to order your labels today!
Page last updated 27 July 2016