Academic affairs: CV, selected publications and related documents
I am a specialist in scientific computing and mathematical modelling. My major topics of research are numerical investigation of natural phenomena with partial differential equations and studies of the evolution of open stochastic dynamical systems of diverse nature. My professional activities on the first subject include the development of highly accurate computational methods (involving those designed for high-performance computing) that ensure physical fidelity to the numerical solutions and are applicable in domains of irregular shape, development of computationally cheap and flexible artificial boundary conditions, studies of various regimes of evolution of complex nonlinear dynamical systems, among others. The second subject implies the development of time series analysis methods aimed at detecting various mechanisms of transition of dynamical systems to critical states, search for precursors of catastrophes, studies of phenomena of self-organisation in dynamical systems and related issues.
Currently I am a senior research fellow at the Institute of Physics of the Earth, Russian Academy of Sciences, as well as the company director and principal investigator at the R&D company Sceptica Scientific (UK).
As of September 2018 I have over 60 papers published in regular journals, collection volumes, conference proceedings, etc. The entire list of publications, along with other relevant information including my contact details, is presented in the Curriculum Vitae. You can contact me via LinkedIn as well.
Below are selected papers of mine. The majority of papers available here are electronic preprints. For the electronic reprints please refer to the publishers' websites by clicking on the corresponding icon |↗|.
- D.M. Filatov, Splitting as an Approach to Constructing Local Exact Artiﬁcial Boundary Conditions, Applied Mathematics and Computation 170 (2005) 1209–1242 |↗|
- Yu.N. Skiba and D.M. Filatov, On Splitting-based Mass and Total Energy Conserving Arbitrary Order Shallow-Water Schemes, Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations 23 (2007) 534–552 |↗|
- Yu.N. Skiba and D.M. Filatov, Conservative Arbitrary Order Finite Difference Schemes for Shallow-Water Flows, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics 218 (2008) 579–591 |↗|
- Yu.N. Skiba and D.M. Filatov, Simulation of Soliton-like Waves Generated by Topography with Conservative Fully Discrete Shallow-Water Arbitrary-Order Schemes, International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat & Fluid Flow 19 (2009) 982-1007 |↗|
- Yu.N. Skiba and D.M. Filatov, Simulation of Nonlinear Diffusion on a Sphere, International Conference on Simulation and Modelling Methodologies, Technologies and Applications (SIMULTECH 2011), 29-31 July 2011, Noordwijkerhout, the Netherlands (Best Paper Award |↗|; the presentation is here). An extended version of the paper is Numerical Modelling of Nonlinear Diffusion Phenomena on a Sphere, in: N. Pina et al. (eds.), Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing 197 (2013) 57-70 |↗|
- Yu.N. Skiba and D.M. Filatov, Simulation of Shallow-Water Flows in Complex Bay-like Domains, 2nd International Conference on Simulation and Modelling Methodologies, Technologies and Applications (SIMULTECH 2012), 28-31 July 2012, Rome, Italy (the presentation is here). An extended version of the paper is Numerical Simulation of Coastal Flows in Open Multiply-Connected Irregular Domains, in: M.S. Obaidat et al. (eds.), Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing 256 (2014) 71-84 |↗|
- Yu.N. Skiba and D.M. Filatov, Splitting-based Schemes for Numerical Solution of Nonlinear Diffusion Equations on a Sphere, Applied Mathematics and Computation 219 (2013) 8467–8485 |↗|
- D.M. Filatov, A Method for Identification of Critical States of Open Stochastic Dynamical Systems Based on the Analysis of Acceleration, Journal of Statistical Physics 165 (2016) 681–692 |↗|
- Yu.N. Skiba and D.M. Filatov, A Numerical Study of Nonlinear Diffusion Phenomena in Heterogeneous Media: Energy Transfer at Diverse Blow-Up Modes and Self-Organisation Processes, The European Physical Journal Special Topics 226 (2017) 3303–3314 |↗|
- D.M. Filatov and A.A. Lyubushin, Fractal Analysis of GPS Time Series for Early Detection of Disastrous Seismic Events, Physica A 469 (2017) 718–730 |↗|
- D.M. Filatov and A.A. Lyubushin, Precursory Analysis of GPS Time Series for Seismic Hazard Assessment, Pure and Applied Geophysics xxx (2019) xxx–xxx |↗|