The Presbyterian Women organization began in the early 1800's when Presbyterian women around the United States gained respect as they organized to provide for their church’s missionaries’ needs through funds and prayers.
By answering God’s call, women’s work in the church and in society was validated. Through the years, society’s acceptance of the role of women in the church grew and Presbyterian Women became a vital ministry in the Presbyterian churches.
In 1935, a group was started at Deerhurst Church to offer Bible study, service projects and fellowship for the women in the congregation. Seventy-five years later, this group continues to have a vital place in our ministry.