The session of a particular church consists of the pastor or co-pastors, the associate pastors, and the elders in active service. All members of the session, including the pastor, co-pastors, and associate pastors, are entitled to vote.
Karen R. Hartrich
Kailey Kwoka- youth elder
The session is responsible for the mission and government of the particular church.
It therefore has the responsibility and power:
- to provide opportunities for evangelism
- to receive members into the church
- to lead the congregation in participation in the mission of the whole Church in the world,
- to provide for the worship of the people of God.
- to provide for the growth of its members and for their equipment for ministry
- to develop and supervise the church school and the educational program of the church;
- to lead the congregation in ministries of personal and social healing and reconciliation in the communities in which the church lives and bears its witness;
- to challenge the people of God with the privilege of responsible Christian stewardship of money and time and talents.
- to lead the congregation continually to discover what God is doing in the world .
- to engage in a process for education and mutual growth of the members of the session.
[condensed from the book of order]