The original Deerfield Manor acreage was farmland owned by the Houston family for several generations.
The farmhouse faced Boyce Road and was located just above the present entrance to Thorntree Drive.
The house was a typical two-story frame farmhouse that had not been maintained and was in such poor condition that it was advisable to have it taken down. Some of the lumber was used to frame the present Deerfield Office.
Prior to Becker's purchase, the ground had been rented to a group called the Dormont-Mt. Lebanon Sportman's Club.
They erected a clubhouse located at the present location of Redfern Drive, opposite Morton Road, with trails through the woods with archery, pistol, and rifle target areas
The Beckers acquired the ground in 1956 and on several trips to see the property, there always seemed to be quite a few deer in the area; hence the appropriate name for the planned development: Deerfield Manor.
The first streets to be developed in 1956 and 1957 were Thorntree Drive, Cedarvue Drive, Fairgreen Drive and Pinetree Drive from Thorntree to Fairgreen. This group of lots was called Deerfield Manor Plan No. 1. The newest of lots is Deerfield Manor Plan No. 7. The first house was sold in Plan No. 1 in November 1957.
James W. Stewart developed Williamsburg Woods approximately in 1965. It consisted of 18 lots on Pinetree Drive near Circle Drive and was distiguished by the gas lights in front of the homes.
In 1980, William E. Thomas purchased land on Gloucester Drive and Airy Hill Drive (now known as Williamsburg Circle) and finished development of that area.
In 2008, Bill and Jeff Thomas purchased 70 undeveloped acres and 22 buildable lots in and around Deerfield Manor. They are currently extending the neighborhood along Turnberry Lane and Redfern Drive.