School Library Decorating Ideas : Christmas Train Decoration.
School Library Decorating Ideas
- library attached to all types of schools below the third (tertiary) level of education whose primary function is to serve the pupils and teachers of such a school. Collection of textbooks is not considered a school library.
- The pupil's main information resource, containing approximately 25,000 volumes as well as offering access to the School Intranet.
- A school library (or a school library media center) is a library within a school where students, staff, and often, parents of a public (state) or private (fee paying) school have access to a variety of resources.
- Provide (a room or building) with a color scheme, paint, wallpaper, etc
- (decorate) make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; "Decorate the room for the party"; "beautify yourself for the special day"
- (decorate) deck: be beautiful to look at; "Flowers adorned the tables everywhere"
- (decorate) award a mark of honor, such as a medal, to; "He was decorated for his services in the military"
- Confer an award or medal on (a member of the armed forces)
- Make (something) look more attractive by adding ornament to it
- A concept or mental impression
- (idea) a personal view; "he has an idea that we don't like him"
- (idea) the content of cognition; the main thing you are thinking about; "it was not a good idea"; "the thought never entered my mind"
- (idea) mind: your intention; what you intend to do; "he had in mind to see his old teacher"; "the idea of the game is to capture all the pieces"
- A thought or suggestion as to a possible course of action
- An opinion or belief
school library decorating ideas - Library 101:
Library 101: A Handbook for the School Library Media Specialist
This well organized handbook is a must have for new and inexperienced school librarians as they open new schools or take on that first job. It will also serve as a source of information for library professionals in guiding their clerical staff and student and parent volunteers. The handbook covers everything from library management systems to budgeting, television production, and how to collaborate with teachers. Current issues in the field (LMS role as a reading teacher and LMS role in assessment of student learning) are discussed. All issues and recommendations are viewed in an ideal setting and in a real-world setting, enabling LMS to view their situation as it is and as it may become. The basis of the work is the authors' experience in mentoring many new librarians in Florida and their own journey to national board certification The authors have solicited short sidebar articles from noted experts in the field, as well as from practicing school librarians at all levels. These short essays add validity and expand the text. Grades K-12.
Former Stuyvesant High School
Gramercy, Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States Summary The (former) Stuyvesant High School was built in 1905-07 as Manhattan'sfirst "manual training" public school for boys, one of the educational reforms brought about by William H. Maxwell, first Superintendent of Schools following the consolidation of Greater New York in 1898. Stuyvesant, one of the first high schools built after the creation of a citywide system of public secondary education, was part of the vast school construction program launched to meet the needs of the city's rapidly expanding population. Designed by Superintendent of School Buildings C.B.J. Snyder in a Beaux-Arts style, with distinctive classically-inspired and Secessionist detail, the five-story, H-plan building is organized around light courts at the sides. The main facade on East 15th Street, clad in tan brick and limestone, is dominated by a pedimented entrance pavilion, flanked by three bays of windows on each side, while the East 16th Street facade, of red brick above a limestone base, has more restrained ornamental detail. Stuyvesant became the city's first high school to specialize in the sciences, and achieved a reputation over the years as one of the city's most prestigious high schools, noted for mathematics, the sciences, and technology. Students were admitted by competitive examination after the 1930s and, following a court decision, girls first attended the school in 1969. Among the many notable graduates were three Nobel Prize winners, numerous scientists, mathematicians, engineers, doctors, and lawyers, as well as judges, politicians, architects, and figures in the theater, film, and television. The school relocated to Battery Park City in 1992. The original Stuyvesant High School building remains in use by the High School for Health Professions, the Institute for Collaborative Education, and P.S. 226, a special education program. DESCRIPTION AND ANALYSIS Public High Schools in Greater New York At the turn of the century, a unified public educational system, including secondary schools, was created in New York City from numerous independently administered schooldistricts, which had a variety of curricula, grade divisions, educational policies, and standards for personnel selection. Responsible for developing this system were several individuals and factors: education reformers, such as Nicholas Murray Butler, whose efforts culminated in the School Reform Law of 1896; the consolidation of New York City in 1898; and the city charter revision of 1901. Prior to this time, New York City did not have any full-time public high schools, although some courses, including "manual training" (such as cooking, sewing, and woodworking), were offered in evening high schools beginning in the late 1880s. In contrast, the city of Brooklyn had been ahead of New York: Central Grammar School opened in 1878 with two additional grades above the sixth (in 1891 it launched two separate schools, Boys' High and Girls' High); the Manual Training High School was organized in 1893; and Erasmus Hall Academy (1786) became Erasmus Hall High School in 1896. There were also high schools in Flushing (1875) and Long Island City (1889), Queens, as well as high school departments in several Staten Island schools. Charles B. Hubble, president of the New York City Board of Education, announced in the Annual Report of 1896 that For the first time in the history of New York, the benefits of secondary education are about to be offered to the youth of this city, the establishment of high schools having already been provided for in an appropriation of two and one-half millions of dollars by an act of the legislature passed at its last session. It is confidently expected that three model high schools will be opened in the autumn in various parts of the city in buildings altered for the purpose. . . Among the major problems faced by the Board of Education was a tremendous shortage of school buildings. This situation was exacerbated by the Compulsory Education Law of 1894, which mandated school attendance until age fourteen, and the huge increase in immigration at the end of the nineteenth century (between 1900 and 1910 alone the city's population grew by nearly 39 percent). The city had acquired 125 new school sites in Manhattan and the Bronx between 1884 and 1897, and embarked on a vast program of school construction after consolidation. The plans made in 1896 to construct the first four new high school buildings -- a girls' school and a boys' school, both in Manhattan, a school in the Bronx, and, at a future date, a manual training school in Manhattan -- culminated in Wadleigh High School for Girls (1901-02), 215 West 114th Street; DeWitt Clinton High School (1903-05), 899 Tenth Avenue; Morris High School (1900-04), East 166th Street and Boston Road, the Bronx; and Stuyvesant High School. C.B.J. Snyder, as architect to the Board of Education, was respo
Reformed Church of Huguenot Park
Huguenot, Staten Island, New York City, New York Prominently situated on the corner of Amboy Road and Huguenot Avenue, the Reformed Church of Huguenot Park is a distinguished and unusual building constructed in 1923-24 and designed in a style reminiscent of medieval vernacular buildings in England and France. Dedicated as the National Monument of the Huguenot-Walloon-New Netherland 300th Anniversary of Religious Freedom, the church celebrates the tercentenary of Huguenot settlement in New Netherlands, particularly Staten Island. The Reformed Church of Huguenot Park, clad in serpentine stone native to Staten Island with concrete trim and mortar, was designed by prominent New York architect Ernest Flagg and is his only church design in New York City. An important part of Flagg' s oeuvre of stone buildings on Staten Island, the church illustrates Flagg's architectural sensibility, a consequence of his tenure as a student at the prestigious Ecole des Beaux-Arts in Paris whose curriculum sought to mediate the polarities of art and science. Aesthetically, the design recalls the Norman architecture of England and the Romanesque vernacular buildings of Normandy and Brittany in France, while incorporating a number of ingenious scientific innovations by Flagg to make construction more economical. A one-story extension with a peaked roof, designed by architect James Whitford., Jr. in a style sympathetic to the original building, was added to the west side of the church in 1954-55. At the northeast corner of the site is a small one-story wood-frame building, designed in a classically-inspired style, which was built in 1903-05 as a library and moved to its present site soon after its construction. This structure was the smallest branch in the New York Public Library system from 1929 to 1985. Huguenot Settlement and the French Church on Staten Island Huguenot settlement on Staten Island began in the 1660s and in the following years many Huguenots settled in New York and New Jersey, fleeing religious persecution in France. The Huguenots were Reformed or Calvinist Protestants living in France or Belgium who were persecuted for their beliefs by the Catholic majority. Huguenots from southern Belgium where French was spoken were known as Walloons. Although the term applied to French-speaking Belgian Catholics as well, the distinction between these groups was seldom made in the New World. Huguenot persecution in France dated back to the French National Synod of 1559 and the founding of a reformed church based on Calvinist doctrine and Presbyterian government. This legally legitimized the Protestant church in France, but provoked a backlash of intolerance among the Catholic majority. Many of these French Protestants had already left for England, Holland, Russia, and other European countries by the time Louis XIV signed the revocation of the Edict of Nantes in 1685 due to pressure from Catholics. His signature officially banished the religious hierarchy of the Huguenots from France, but forbade the laity to follow them out of the country. Sensing coming strife, Huguenots began emigrating to New Amsterdam (now Manhattan) arid New Netherlands (now part of New York State and New Jersey) early in the seventeenth century. By mid-century, the Huguenots had established a community at New Paltz in what is now Ulster County, New York, and in the 1660s joined with the Dutch in founding New Utrecht on Long Island, now remembered as a neighborhood name in Brooklyn. Among the earliest Huguenot settlements in New Netherlands was that on Staten Island. In August of 1661, nineteen settlers led by Pierre Billiou (a Walloon who was later the sheriff and magistrate of Staten Island), settled near the present Arrochar, where they founded a garrison for protection against local Indians. The area proved well suited for agriculture, and the settlement (now remembered as Oude Dorp or Old Town) flourished. By 1664 the settlers arranged for a preacher from the Dutch Reformed Church in New Amsterdam, the Reverend Samuel Drisius, to visit Staten Island every two months and preach in French. The deeply religious nature of the Huguenots was demonstrated when a second small group of settlers, arriving in August of 1664 from Rochelle and St. Martin, France, agreed to stay on Staten Island provided "a good French preacher was furnished." By 1686 an independent French congregation was established on Staten Island, continuing for nearly fifty years. By the late 1690s the only resident clergyman on the island was the French preacher Reverend David de Bonrepos who had come from the town of New Rochelle (now part of Westchester County). He began services in 1693 with a congregation whose members came from France, England, and Holland. In 1698 the congregation received a deed of land at Green Ridge on which Staten Island's first church, known as the French Church, was built (now demolished). This church, which for many years was the only one
school library decorating ideas
WallMonkeys wall graphics are printed on the highest quality re-positionable, self-adhesive fabric paper. Each order is printed in-house and on-demand. WallMonkeys uses premium materials & state-of-the-art production technologies. Our white fabric material is superior to vinyl decals. You can literally see and feel the difference. Our wall graphics apply in minutes and won't damage your paint or leave any mess. PLEASE double check the size of the image you are ordering prior to clicking the 'ADD TO CART' button. Our graphics are offered in a variety of sizes and prices.
WallMonkeys are intended for indoor use only.
Printed on-demand in the United States Your order will ship within 3 business days, often sooner. Some orders require the full 3 days to allow dark colors and inks to fully dry prior to shipping. Quality is worth waiting an extra day for!
Removable and will not leave a mark on your walls.
'Fotolia' trademark will be removed when printed.
Our catalog of over 10 million images is perfect for virtually any use: school projects, trade shows, teachers classrooms, colleges, nurseries, college dorms, event planners, and corporations of all size.