1. Check Research grade in Infinite Campus. Talk to Deb if you want to improve your grade.
2. Complete Assessment if you didn't yet.
- Unity: Complete this Unity Assessment .
- Alice: Complete this Alice Assesment.
- GIMP : Complete this GIMP Assessment .
- MakeyMakey/Adruino: Complete this Makey Makey Learning.
3. Work on Prototype
4. Plan your tutorials with your department
Final Project Prototype Requirements:
|Tool||Proficient Technology Concepts||Advanced Technology Concepts|
|Unity||Complete part 1 and 2 of bird and worm |
Review these computer terms and see if you can find examples in unity. To help you remember these concepts see program parts and put comments in your code.
| Make a plan with CEO on what you want to build next|
|Alice||Make a game that keeps score and uses arrow and space bar keys. Have player enter name to personalize the game using their name. To help you remember these words see program parts and put comments in your code.||Let the player select their character from at least 3 choices. |
Optional: use other keys such as WASDFG keys to interact with your game
| GIMP ||Create a character that will move around in a game using arrow keys and create a separate background for one scene of the game. The character should be original and have a transparent background.|| Make more than one image so your character can be animated. |
|Make a model of your controller and test it using current practice materials.Controller uses arrow and
space bar keys || Controller for two player where it uses arrow and space bar keys and 5 letters from WASDFG keys.|
Model contains 3D printed parts.
Upload Tinkercad stl files
Project Manager discuss timeline plan for completing prototypes and website and then presenting. How do you want to plan - using Google Calendar and Project task spreadsheet. The goal is to present on Tuesday May 16th.
- Download and explore Alice 3 on your computer and you can see the Java Code you are creating
- Learn to develop games using Unity 2D/3D Gaming Engine used by Professionals
- Play Code Combat
- Typing Practice for Programmers - Sign up for free account to practice
- Algorithmic Thinking and Logic - Sign up for free account to work on Computer Science Warmups, Concepts and Challenges
- Learn more programming languages at Codecademy
- If you want to work on code to make a webpage go to W3C HTML Basics
- Fold It Game created to help contribute to scientific research. The protein biosynthesis is reasonably well understood, as is the means by which proteins are encoded as DNA. Determining how the primary structure of a protein turns into a functioning three-dimensional structure – how the molecule “folds” – is more difficult; the general process is known, but predicting protein structures is computationally demanding. Foldit is an attempt to apply the human brain’s natural three-dimensional pattern matching abilities to this problem.
- These twin brothers created an app to find pick-up baseball games
- 34 LatinX start-ups to watch in 2017