Welcome to the De Anza Voices Project!
This website is dedicated to giving voice to the best in De Anza student writing!
Our mission is to help students get published, get recognized, and above all get their voices heard.
Hence, we run two yearly student contests: The Carolyn Keen Prize for the Best Literary Analysis pieces written by students and the De Anza Voices: Best Essay Contest, which highlights the best in research, analysis, argument, reflective, and narrative writing. Both contests are open to all student taking composition or literature classes throughout the school year.
- May 22, 2014 to enter the Carolyn Keen Contest
- June 1st 2014 to enter Art for the Anthology
- Dec. 1st 2013 for Fall Best Essays Contest
- March 10th 2014 for Winter Best Essays Contest
- June 9th 2014 for Spring Best Essays Contest
- June 23rd De Anza Voices: Best Essays Anthology released
Students may submit two essays to each contest throughout the year and/or students may submit art that will be featured in the anthology and throughout the website.
The winning entries are published in the online anthology De Anza Voices. The first edition will be published at the end of Spring quarter 2014.
Thanks for reading and sharing your voices,
The De Anza English Dept.