Welcome to the De Anza Voices Project!
This website is dedicated to giving voice to the best in De Anza student writing!
Our mission is to help students get published, get recognized, and, above all, get their voices heard.
Hence, the De Anza College English Department and Literature Committee run two yearly student contests:
1. The Carolyn Keen Prize for the Best Literary Analysis pieces written by students
2. De Anza Voices: Best Essay Contest, which highlights the best in research, analysis, argument, reflective, and narrative writing.
Both contests are open to all student taking composition or literature classes throughout the school year.
- May 22, 2015 to enter the Carolyn Keen Contest
- June 1st 2015 for De Anza Voices Best Essays Contest
- Winners Announced at the Red Wheelbarrow Event June 2015.
Students may submit two essays to each contest throughout the year and/or students may submit art that will be featured in the online anthology of winning essays which will debut in summer 2014 on this website.
The winning entries are published in the online anthology De Anza Voices.
The first edition will be published in summer quarter 2014.
Thanks for reading and sharing your voices,
The De Anza English Dept.