Professional Links - Some Data Sources - GIS Help - Assessment Reports -
Private Organizations - Fun Stuff - Job Resources
- AAG Association of American Geographers.
- CLIP Project MSU page Here’s more about the Climate Land Interaction Project from the Michigan State University website.
- HEMA Lab Human-Environment Modeling and Analysis (HEMA) Laboratory in the Department of Forestry and Natural Resources at Purdue University.
- IALE-US International Association for Landscape Ecology.
Some Data Sources
- CGD Commons of Geographic Data. A great idea in the making. Needs to be implemented on a larger scale. Scientists need to push Open Access for data too, not just journal articles!!
- Earth Explorer Tool to obtain satellite data from many sensors, specifically for land applications (Landsat, SPOT, AVHRR).
- Earth Trends wealth of data in tables mostly
- Geocommons upload your own data, download other peoples data, make maps!!
- GeoCommunity Lots of data, mostly free but need to register.
- Indiana Map
- Indiana Spatial Data Portal
- NASA Data Center (WIST) Download any data (global or subset) from NASA sensors including MODIS, SeaWiFS, AMSR-E, SAR.
- National Atlas (USA) Lots more data (USA)
- Natural Resources Data
- Terra Server Orthophotography
- Tiger data Census 2010 data as shapefiles through ESRI
- Topography at different spatial resolutions
- Topo maps as kml for overlay in Google Earth
- View and print US topo maps
- USDA crop data Just click on commodity of interest and download all states or region of interest for a certain time range. If need data at county level (and data on farm numbers or cattle numbers) go to Quick Stats on the main page
- http://serc.carleton.edu/introgeo/gis/Online_GIS_Resources.html Lots of data sources.
- http://gis.furman.edu/ees201/resources.html Data sources gathered by Dr. Muthukrishnan for 'Intro to GIS' class projects.
- http://serc.carleton.edu/NAGTWorkshops/gis/data_resources.html Other data resources including topographic data and remote sensing data
- http://serc.carleton.edu/NAGTWorkshops/gis/state_resources.html GIS data sources by state.
- Carpooling matching service (Free) Want to find someone you can commute with and track your carbon emissions savings? Check this site out.
- Coupons for online shopping Shop online, your stuff ‘carpools’!!
- Catalogs Stop store catalogs from accumulating in your mailbox and wasting all that paper and ink
- French pastries cooking lessons I dream of taking (and passing hopefully) the macarons classes.
- Gmaps Pedometer Great Google map application that allows you to calculate the distance you’ve walked, run, biked, etc based on points you add to satellite and road imagery.
- Ted Really interesting talks!
- Windward Sports Chicago Surf/snowboard shop in Chicago. Great equipment, choices and knowledgeable staff. If you want to learn windsurfing or perfect your skills, ask for Jackie she is an AWESOME teacher.