I am an Economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. I concentrate primarily on macroeconomics and labor economics and generally welcome a chance to get geeky with computation.
For my life story in easily digestible sentence fragments, see my CV
- Long Term Unemployment: Attached and Mismatched? Draft, Slides
- Occupational Switching and Self-Discovery in the Labor Market (with Fatih Guvenen, Burhan Kuruscu and Satoshi Tanaka)
- Occupational Hazards and Social Disability Insurance (with Amanda M Michaud) Slides
- Equilibrium sovereign default with endogenous exchange rate depreciation (with Sergey V Popov) draft
- Unemployment and Development: Harris-Todaro Meets Mortensen-Pissarides (with Stephen L Parente)
- Search and Networks in Labor Markets: Wage and Unemployment Dynamics (with Dennis O'Dea and Marcelo A Arbex)
Personal: Besides economics? I'm a running "junkie," who listens to (and shouts at) podcasts during the run. I follow the NFL and play hockey, so long as everyone promises not to hit me too hard. As a legacy from my liberal arts education, I still listen to too-cool indy rock and put some art by an Austrian Secession painter on my computer desktop.
Sergey Popov and I started up the Economics Grad Student Papers Presentation Group at Illinois and I can redraw from memory every PhD comic since 2006. Like any post-modern, post-internet privacy child, Facebook is the best summary of my life.