I am an Economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis and I teach at Washington University in St. Louis. I concentrate primarily on macroeconomics and labor economics, especially as they relate to occupations and occupational choice.
For my life story in easily digestible sentence fragments, see my CV
- Multidimensional Skill Mismatch (with Fatih Guvenen, Burhan Kuruscu and Satoshi Tanaka) <SUBMITTED> Draft, Slides
>> Press: Bloomberg, Washington Post
- Occupational Hazards and Social Disability Insurance (with Amanda M Michaud) <SUBMITTED> Draft, Slides
- The Disability Option: Labor Market Dynamics with Economic and Health Risks (with Amanda M Michaud)
- Network Search: Climbing the Job Ladder Faster (with Marcelo A Arbex and Dennis O'Dea )
- Long Term Unemployment: Attached and Mismatched? <IN REVISION>
- Equilibrium sovereign default with endogenous exchange rate depreciation (with Sergey V Popov) <SUBMITTED> Draft
- Unemployment, Productivity Gaps and Development: Harris-Todaro Meets Mortensen-Pissarides (with Stephen L Parente)
Personal: Besides economics: I'm a running junkie, and most of what I talk about parrots podcasts I listen to while I run. I follow the NFL and play hockey, so long as everyone promises not to hit me too hard. Like any post-modern, post-internet privacy child, Facebook is the best summary of my life.