Swedish Cardomom rolls
2 T yeast
¼ C. warm water (about 110 degrees)
2 & ½ C. warm milk (about 110 degrees)
¾ c. butter, melted & cooled
½ t. salt
1 C. sugar
1 & ½ t. ground cardamom (buy
- In a large bowl dissolve yeast in warm water; let proof. Stir in warm milk, melted butter, egg, salt, sugar and cardamom.
- Gradually beat in 7 C. flour to make a stiff dough.
- Turn out on a floured board and knead about 10 minutes.
- Turn dough over in a greased bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 & ½ hours.
- Punch down dough and divide into 4 parts and divide each part into 7 rolls. (2.75 oz. each)
- Form into bulla. Cover and let rise until almost double.
- Brush rolls with egg glaze.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.