Welcome to my homepage. Below you will find my contact information as well as my current and past research activities.
Department of Economics
302 Falmouth Hall
University of Massachusetts Lowell
1 University Ave
Lowell MA 01854
Office: 978-934 2755
I am an Assistant Professor of economics at the University of Massachusetts Lowell. I am an applied Micro/Experimental economist. My research interests currently investigate individual behavior in public good and common pool resource experiments. I am particularly interested in how groups form and choose between various institutions (informal or formal) that regulate their behavior. My current research is funded by the U.S. Forest Service and the International Foundation for Research in Experimental Economics.
Research in Progress
- Endowment Heterogeneity and Informal Sanctions in Public Good Experiments: Cooperation and Social Norms. Under review at Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics
- Informal Sanctions across Payoff Equivalent Public Good and Common Pool Resource Experiments. Under review at Journal of the Economics Science Association
- Endogenous Institutional Deterrence with Costly Monitoring
- (2015) David C. Kingsley and Thomas C. Brown. Endogenous and Costly Institutional Deterrence. Applied Economics Letters Vol. 22 No. 7 pp. 554-548.
- (2014) David C. Kingsley and Benyuan liu. Cooperation across payoff equivalent public good and common pool resource experiments. Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics Vol. 51, August pp. 79-84.
- (2013) David C. Kingsley and Thomas C. Brown. Preference Learning and the Willingness to Pay - Willingness to Accept Disparity. Economics Letters Vol. 120 No. 3 pp. 473-476.
- (2013) David C. Kingsley and Thomas C. Brown. Non-Market Valuation and Paired Comparison Experiments: A test of robustness. Journal of Environmental Economic Policy Vol. 2 No. 2 pp. 119-132.
- (2012) David C. Kingsley and Thomas C. Brown. Does prompting for revision influence subjects' offers in willingness to accept - willingness to pay lab experiments? Economics Bulletin Vol. 32 No. 3 pp. 2580-2585.
- (2010) David C. Kingsley and Thomas C. Brown. Preference Uncertainty, Preference Learning and Paired Comparison Experiments. Land Economics Vol. 86 No. 3 pp. 530-544.
- (2008) Thomas C. Brown, David C. Kingsley, George L. Peterson, Nicholas E. Flores, Andrea Clarke and Andrej Birjulin. Reliability of individual valuations of public and private goods: Choice consistency, response time, and preference refinement. Journal of Public Economics Vol. 92 No. 7 pp. 1595-1606.