- 8 oz. spinach (can substitute Romaine lettuce)
- 1/2 c. blueberries
- 1 c. strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 c. almonds, lightly toasted and chopped
Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 3 T. Dijon mustard (if you like your dressing to have a strong mustard flavor, use 4 T.)
- 1 1/8 t. THM Super Sweet Blend or other stevia based sweetener, make sure you taste as you go (If you are not eating THM, use 1 T. honey)
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Wash spinach, blueberries and strawberries. Slice the strawberries.
- Place 1/4 c. almonds in a small frying pan over medium-low heat. When you start to smell the almonds they are toasted enough. Watch them closely as they can go from nicely toasted to burnt very quickly.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard and Truvia in a small bowl. Whisk until ingredients are just combined.
- Slowly whisk in the 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Lightly drizzle dressing over the salad
***Unused dressing will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week.