Makes 8 side dish portions
- (1) 13.25 oz. box of Dreamfields Pasta (any cut is fine, I used Penne this time)
- (1) large tomato, diced
- (1) bell pepper, any color, diced
- (10) slices pepperoni or turkey pepperoni, quartered
- 1/2 c. olive oil (or extra virgin olive oil if you prefer)
- 1 T. balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 t. basil
- 1/2 t. oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. Feta cheese
- Optional veggies to mix in: chopped black olives, small diced red onion, chopped roasted red peppers
- Prepare the pasta according to the package's directions.
- Cut the vegetables and the pepperoni and place in the bottom of a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and spices and set aside.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, drain well and let it cool completely. Once it is cool, add it to the vegetables and pepperoni.
- Whisk the dressing once more and pour over top of the pasta and vegetables. Add half of the Feta cheese and stir. Add the other half of the Feta cheese and stir again. Chill in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.