Colorful Lentil Salad (E) (Serves 6)
- 1 c. of green or brown lentils, rinsed and sorted
- 1 c. of frozen peas
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 sm. red onion, diced
- 2 T. lemon juice, freshly squeezed or bottled
- 1/2 t. dried thyme
- 1 T. dried parsley (or 2 T. fresh parsley)
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 t. black pepper
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. THM Sweet Blend (or 1 t. honey for those of you not eating THM)
- 1/8 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- Rinse, sort and drain your lentils. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add the lentils. Turn down to a simmer and cook for 17-19 minutes just until they're tender.
- While the lentils are cooking, bring a small pot of water to a boil and add the green peas. Cook for 2 minutes, drain the peas in a strainer and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a bowl add the peas, carrots and red onion. In a large measuring cup combine the lemon juice, thyme, parsley, Dijon mustard, black pepper, salt and extra-virgin olive oil . Set aside.
- Once the lentils are done cooking drain them in a colander and rinse with cold water. Add them to the bowl of vegetables. Pour the dressing over top of the lentils and vegetables and gently stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.