Current Position: PhD Student, Algorithms, Combinatorics, and Optimization (ACO), College of computing,Georgia Institute of Technology
Design and Analysis of Algorithms and Discrete mathematics in general. My thesis focuses on graph algorithms and complexity in the Streaming model, Distributed model, and other related models of computation such as External Memory Algorithms, Distributed Streams and Read/Write Streams. I am also actively working on other areas including data structures, approximation algorithms, and game theory.
Aug 2005 - present PhD student, Algorithms, Combinatorics, and Optimization (ACO), Georgia Institute of Technology
- Member of theory group, College of Computing.
- Topic: Graph Algorithms on New Streaming Models.
Advisor: Richard J Lipton
Jun 1999 - Mar 2003 Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Engineering), Kasetsart University, Second class honours
- Senior project: "Self Learning Agent Model : General Board Game Player", the software that can play any board game using machine learning theory.
- A member of Massive Information and Knowledge Engineering Research Group (MIKE)
Aug 2005 - present Teaching Assistance, College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Design and analysis of algorithms. Introduction to Proofs. Introduction to Database systems.
Jun 2009 - Jul 2009 Internship, Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratories (MERL), Cambridge, MA
- Hosted by Matthew Brand. Develop an algorithm for Multi-Car Destination-Destination-Dispatched Group Elevator Control.
Jun 2003 - Nov 2004 Lecturer, Faculty of Engineering, Kasetsart University, Si Racha Campus, Thailand
- Discrete Mathematics, Theory of Computation, Computer and Programming, and Information Technology for Engineer.
Oct 2003 - Oct 2005 Tutor, The Institute for the Promotion of Teaching Science and Technology (IPST)
- Prepare Thai national team for the International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI) competition.
Apr 2002 - May 2002 Intern student, National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (NECTEC)
- Research Project: Machine Translation, the system used to translate message between Thai and English using learning techniques as primary tools.
Jun 1999 - Mar 2003 Teaching Assistance, Faculty of Engineering, Kasetsart University
- Discrete Mathematics, Computer and Programming, and Practicum in Computer Engineering.
- ACO Fellowship from ACO program, Georgia Tech, Sprint 2009.
- ARC ThinkTank Fellowship at Georgia Institute of Technology, Spring 2007.
- Awarded gold medal in Thailand Olympiad in Informatics competition (TOI) 1998.
- ACM-ICPC 2002 (Honorable mentioned) Xian, China as a member of KU-CPE team to represent Kasetsart University
- Qualified for National Software Contest Final Round 2001-2002 (Open source division): "Parallel Go, the software that play the game of go on Cluster machine"
- Graduated with Second class honors, Kasetsart University, Thailand
- Two full tuition scholarships from Kasetsart University, 2002-2003.
- Time Magazine Person of the Year (shared) for 2006
Languages: English, Thai (native speaker)
Computer Skills: Pascal, C, C++, Perl, MySQL
Personal Interests: Go (1 Dan)
- President of Georgia Tech Thai Student Organization, 2008
- President of Go club, Faculty of Engineering, Kasetsart University, 2000-2003
- Vice president of Computer Club, Triam Udom Suksa School, 1998-1999
- Richard J Lipton College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Jim Xu College of Computing, Georgia Institute ofTechnology.
- Gopal Pandurangan Department of Computer Science, Purdue University.
- Jittat Fakcharoenphol Department of Computer Engineering, Kasetsart University.