Professional achievements include:
• The creation of GISTSOM: neural- network software enabling visualisation and
analysis of highly dimensional spatio- temporal data (University of Nottingham, UK.)
• DELVE: The creation of virtual Cumbria, a 3d spatially accurate geographical learning environment in Second Life, commissioned and in use by JISC, University of Nottingham and the Open University.
• Design and deployment of Alcatel University’s English Syllabus, Madrid.
Educational websites include:
- www.joglab.com Acrostic poem, backronym, mnemonic creation.
- www.asXasY.com Creative similes.
- www.deweydigger.com Interactive and comprehensive exploration of knowledge online.
- www.searchcredible.com A meta-search engine for searching credible web resources.
Formal qualifications include:
• BSc Information Systems and Management (2.1 University of Leeds, 1999)
• MRes Disaster Management: Flood Vulnerability (University of Coventry/ Honduras, 2005)
• MSc Geographical Information Science (University of Nottingham, 2006)
• PhD In progress: Space Time Epidemiology (University of Nottingham, 2013)
Interests and pursuits include:
• Extreme sports and travel.• Reading and film, walking and talking.
• Sustainable technology and construction, alternative consumerism.