Dallas AICHE – March 2011 Meeting Announcement
DATE: Tuesday March 22, 2011
TIME: 6:00 PM Officer / Directors’ Meeting
PLACE: Two Guys From Italy Restaurant http://www.twoguysfromitalyrestaurant.com/
COST: Cost of your meal (typically $8-15)
RSVP by email to Shannon Kramer at Skramer@bcd.tamhsc.edu. If by phone, please call J. R. Rodriguez at 940-725-0493.
SPEAKER: Greg Mayes
TOPIC: Sustainable Development in the Cement Industry – Running a Marathon With Hurdles – 1 hour CEUs
What’s in it for me?
• I will meet engineering professionals with interests similar to mine
• I will establish meaningful networking contacts
• I will familiarize myself with the hurdles encountered in sustainability, using the special case of the Cement Industry
• I will increase my personal knowledge base a very valuable asset in professional competitiveness
Do not miss the meeting!
Biography of Greg Mayes:
· Born Austin, TX. Was raised mainly in San Antonio. Graduated from Roosevelt HS, San Antonio; and from Texas State University with BS in Biology, a minor in chemistry. Has Post Grad work in chemistry
· Went into cement industry right out of college. Worked for Centex Corp. for two years then went to TXI. Endured 3 plants startups. Led design, construction, startup and operation of TXI Midlothian’s waste derived fuels operation. Just past 31 years with TXI.
· Rose up through the ranks at TXI in production, Quality Control Manager, Resource Recovery Manager, Manager Alternative Materials and Research and Development, and now Manager, Technical Resources.
· Current main role is sustainable development for TXI
· Lives in Desoto with wife of 31 years, have one son who is married and lives in Lewisville.
· Plays tennis, golf and is active in church life.
Greg’s Contact Information:
TXI – Mgr Technical Resources
TXI Engineering Midlothian
1220 South Hwy. 67
Midlothian, TX 76065
April 26, 2011- Regular Section Meeting
· Two Guys from Italy Restaurant, Officers and Directors Meeting starting at 6:00 PM
· Talk on: Tentatively, Nanotechnology, 1 PDH
· Speaker: To be announced
· Meeting announcement in early April.
May 7, 2011 – Family Outing
We have made preliminary arrangements with the John Bunker Sands Wetland Center, 655 Martin Lane, Seagoville, TX 75159, 972.474.9100, www.wetlandcenter.com, for a tour of the facilities on May 7th 2011, starting at about 10: 30 AM. This is historical; it is the first time that they open on a Saturday. They will be open from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
May 7th will also be their first Mudbug Festival, which will begin with a 5K Fun Run/Walk.
The festival will focus on water conservation, wetland systems and of course, crawfish. This family event will also have speakers, children's activities, food and music for the public’s enjoyment. There is no charge for the festival, but the First Saturdays afterwards it will be $5.00 per person.
They will be offering crawfish plates, hamburgers and hotdogs at reasonable prices. The Wetland Center is also close to the Cotton Gin Restaurant on Highway 175, in Crandall, a local favorite, for those that might want a more structured setting and varied menu.
More details to follow. Save the date!