Dallas AIChE - Family Outing
Date: May 7, 2011 – Mudbug Festival Family Outing
Place: John Bunker Sands Wetlands Center
655 Martin Lane, Seagoville, TX 75159
Time: 10:00 am Assemble at the Wetlands Visitors Center for a 10:30 tour of wetlands
Cost: Cost of your meals (hotdogs, hamburgers, crawfish...) probably less than $10.00 per person
Admission to the Wetlands will be free this time only.
RSVP: Please let us know that you are coming. We need to provide an approximate count to the Administration by May 5, 2011. Email Shannon Kramer at Skramer@bcd.tamhsc.edu with WETLANDS TOUR on the subject line.
The John Bunker Sands Wetland Center will be open from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
May 7th will also be their first Mudbug Festival, which will begin with a 5K Fun Run/Walk.
What's in it for me:
- I will have fun with my family
- I will learn about the treatment of used waters using nature's resources, at the same returning the water to the source for reuse and retreatment
- I will increase my personal knowledge base, a very valuable asset in professional competitiveness
- I will mingle informally, in a family environment, with engineering professionals with interests similar to mine
- I will establish meaningful networking contacts
We have made preliminary arrangements for a tour of the facility starting at 10:30 am. The festival will focus on water conservation, wetland systems and of course, crawfish. This family event will also have speakers, children's activities, food and music for the public’s enjoyment. There is no charge for the festival, but the First Saturdays afterwards it will be $5.00 per person.
They will be offering crawfish plates, hamburgers and hotdogs at reasonable prices. The Wetland Center is also close to the Cotton Gin Restaurant on Highway 175, in Crandall, a local favorite, for those that might want a more structured setting and varied menu.
Please RSVP as noted above! See attachment below for a slide show with information including a general location map.