Dallas AIChE – October 25, 2011 Meeting Announcement
DATE: Tuesday October 25th, 2011
TIME: 6:00 PM Officer / Directors’ Meeting
PLACE: Two Guys From Italy Restaurant
COST: Cost of your meal (typically $8-15)
RSVP by email to Jrodriguezperazz@aol.com. If by phone, please call J. R. Rodriguez at 940-725-0493.
SPEAKER: Dr. Chris Ellison assistant professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Texas at Austin
TOPIC: Nanotechnology, Chris hopes to show us where Nanotechnologies are already in use and many more uses to come. – 1 PDH (0.1 CEUs)
What’s in it for me?
Here’s part of the answer:
• I will familiarize myself with Nanotechnology already in use.
• How would nanotechnology improve my chemical engineering objectives?
• Can nanotechnology improve my company’s products or productivity?
• How nanotechnology can change the way others compete with my company’s products.
• I should see some areas where my responsibilities as an engineer relate to those that depend upon my decisions for their welfare
• I will have the opportunity to network with leaders in the Chemical Engineering field
At this meeting you may also volunteer to offer a talk on your favorite engineering or management subject, making yourself known to your peers and seniors attending the meeting or receiving the meeting invitation. Do not miss the meeting!
Dr. Ellison is currently an assistant professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Texas at Austin. His research laboratory focuses on the design, synthesis, characterization and processing of nanostructured polymeric materials for applications in filtration, nanocomposites and nanopatterning. The quality and significance of his work has been recognized by several different scientific communities with the NSF CAREER Award, Polymer Physics Prize from the editors of the Journal of Polymer Science, the Frank J. Padden Award from the American Physical Society, and the ICI Award in Applied Polymer Science from the American Chemical Society. His formal training includes a B.S. in chemical engineering from Iowa State University and Ph.D. in chemical engineering from Northwestern University.
Christopher J. Ellison
Department of Chemical Engineering
The University of Texas at Austin
CPE 3.418 / tel: (512) 471-6300 / fax: (512) 471-7060