Dallas AIChE – April 24th, 2012 Meeting Announcement
DATE: Tuesday April 24th, 2012
TIME: 6:00 PM Officer / Directors’ Meeting
PLACE: Two Guys From Italy Restaurant
COST: Cost of your meal (typically $8-15 – the restaurant will bill you individually, including the tip in the bill)
SPEAKER: Don Abrahamson, Process Safety Consultant, Abrahamson Consulting LLC
TOPIC: Development and implementation of a cost effective risk based approach to Management of Change – 1 PDH (0.1 CEUs)
ABSTRACT: Don’s presentation will focus on why a Management of Change (MOC) program is important; what a Risk Based MOC program should include and how to achieve a cost effective and sustainable MOC program. Don will also discuss the common MOC challenges facing the Chemical, Petrochemical, Refining and Oil and Gas industries today.
RSVP: By email to Jrodriguezperazz@aol.com. If by phone, please call J. R. Rodriguez at 940-725-0493.
The continuous and fast pace of change in the processing industry makes it ever more difficult to keep up with all the variables associated with or affected by change. Don's presentation will foculs on ways in which a Chemical Engineer can prevent "unexpected" risks from popping up as change develops.
What’s in it for me? Here’s part of your answers:
• What process safety risk assessment involves.
• What is MOC and why it is important to your likely career activities.
• When is an MOC task likely to happen during your job.
• What information will a process engineer need to have ready and bring to an MOC activity.
• I can familiarize myself with the current career challenges for delivering appropriate Process Safety follow on MOC tasks.
• I should see some areas where my responsibilities as an engineer relate to those that depend upon my decisions for their welfare.
• For my professional license I need continuing education hours. I will learn something about a phase of process safety management and gain 1 PDH (0.1 CEUs).
• During the meeting I will have the opportunity to network with leaders in the Chemical Engineering field.
At this meeting you may also volunteer to request or offer a talk on your favorite engineering or management subject, making yourself known to your peers and seniors attending the meeting or receiving the meeting invitation. Do not miss the meeting!
Biography: Don Abrahamson, Process Safety Consultant, Abrahamson Consulting LLC
Don retired from Celanese in November of 2010 as the Global Process Manager, to form Abrahamson Consulting LLC. His goal is to share his international process safety expertise to better protect the community at large while improving corporate margins through safe operating practices.
Don has over forty years of experience in operations and engineering roles to draw from: process safety management, operations management, process safety engineering, technical management, quality assurance management, process development and research. He spent ten years as a member of the AIChE Center for Chemical Process Safety (CCPS) Technical Steering Committee. Through CCPS he worked on multiple committees that developed books, papers and programs to improve process safety performance. He is currently an Emeritus member of CCPS.
He has conducted PHAs, Audits, Incident Investigations and Process Safety Training on three continents: Americas, Europe and Asia.
Since forming Abrahamson Consulting LLC, Don has provided process safety service for: BP; Occidental Oil and Gas; Olin; Albemarle; Invistia; Covidien; Cabot, Enerkem, Eastman and Celanese. He is a Staff Consultant for the AIChE Center for Chemical Process Safety and a certified Process Safety Boot Camp Instructor. He was a Session Co-Chair at the recent 8th Global Congress on Process Safety in Houston, Texas.
4013 Eastleigh Dr.