AdBrite is an Ad Network
that provides publishers with various ways to monetize their
website(s). AdBrite tries to sell publisher’s adspace for a flat rate
and for the time the publisher’s adspace remains unsold, AdBrite will
put CPC or CPM ads on the adspace depending upon the options the
publisher has selected. Other Ad formats such as Inline Ads and BritePic
Ads are also available. Generally, your adspace won’t get sold for a
flat rate unless you are a large publisher with a substantial amount of
traffic. That means AdBrite will most of the time act as a CPC Ad Network, much like Google AdSense.
Different Ad Formats available at AdBrite:
- Text and Banner Ads : Paid on either CPC or CPM basis, these are either plain text or image ads.
- Full Page Ads : These are CPV (Cost Per View) ads. Full
Page Ads appear in between two pages of a publisher’s site, usually
after a visitor’s third pageview.
- Inline Ads : Texts within the content of your website
will be double underlined and an ad will be shown when your visitors
hover over those double underlined texts. These are paid on a CPC basis.
A maximum of 8 words per page and no more than 1.6% of eligible text
will be highlighted.
- BritePic : CPC based BritePic text ads will be shown when
your visitors rollover the images you have selected for the BritePic
ads. It’s a bit difficult to configure BritePic Ads and it increases your website’s load time as well.
Do they have a Referral Program?
Yes. You can earn money for referring new publishers and advertisers
to AdBrite. You’ll earn 50% of AdBrite’s profits for the first 3 months
after a referred user creates an account, and 10% of AdBrite’s profit
for the next 9 months after that. Note the percentage is of “AdBrite’s
profits” and not of “the amount that your referral earns”.
How and when do they pay?
pays by checks only. The minimum amount you need to earn before you can
request a check is 5 dollars. Changing that amount to a higher number
is desirable to lessen bank charges.
issues payments in US Dollars, two months (net-60) after you accrue
them. For example, earnings you generated in Feb. 2009, will get paid
out in May 2009. What that means is, AdBrite takes time to pay.
- People have reported that their AdBrite earnings were very much less when compared to their AdSense earnings for the same amount of traffic and for the same adspace.
- Unlike AdSense, AdBrite is not a contextual Ad Network, so the ads displayed by AdBrite are sometimes irrelevant. Although, you are allowed to select a category for your website before ads start to appear on your website,
but it seems that this mechanism does not prevent AdBrite from serving
irrelevant ads at times. This problem can be taken care of if you choose
to manually approve ads, but that will be a real pain in the ass,
imagine going through a list of ads to approve or disapprove every
morning after you wake up. However, every AdBrite publisher should
manually approve ads for this is the only way to ensue that AdBrite
serves relevant ads on their website(s). Get ready to take the pain in
- AdBrite’s huge but the number of publishers intending to advertise on your website
will not be huge in the beginning. My personal experience tells that,
when you start with AdBrite, your visitors will encounter a lot of “Your
Ad Here” messages rather than the actual ads, specially when they are
from non-us countries. No ads implies no clicks implies no income.
However, if your visitors become interested in placing ads on your website, they can use the “Your Ad Here” link to book your adspace from AdBrite.
- AdBrite only allows English websites to take part in their publisher program.
Best Suited for:
- People who have been banned from Google AdSense.
- People who are looking for advertisers willing to put flat rate ads
on their website but don’t want to go through the hectic billing
The sign up link:
Here’s the sign up link to AdBrite.
The signup process in pretty simple. After you
sign up, you will be asked to input your site details. The information
will be used to list your site in the AdBrite directory which will be
accessible to the advertisers. AdBrite collects data like Alexa Rank,
daily uniques, origin of traffic and conversion rate automatically for
your websites and put them alongside your listing in the directory.