San Diego City College has as its highest priority student learning and achievement.
Diego City College is a multicultural institution committed to
providing open access to all who can benefit from instruction and to
meeting the diverse and ever-changing educational, cultural, and
economic needs of the urban core and surrounding communities of San
Diego. As City College prepares world citizens in the twenty-first
century, we recognize that the aim of education is the development of
the whole person who is prepared to be an active citizen and to
participate in a global community. We are committed to the tradition of
academic freedom and responsibility and to maintaining a climate that
promotes learning, understanding and respect for students, faculty,
staff, community, and the environment.
San Diego City College provides
division and general education courses that lead to Certificates,
Associate Degrees or transfer to a four-year college or university;
technical education programs that meet specific industry needs, upgrade
the employment skills of students and fulfill licensing requirements of
the state of California as well as contribute to the economic
development of our region;
- Basic skills instruction to assist
all students in meeting their educational goals; and essential student
support services for all students.
Additionally, San Diego City College is committed to
development of informed, active citizens who will be engaged in the
global community, lifelong learners, and literate in information
- Institutional community involvement, community development and community service;
- Equity, inclusiveness and diversity in all of its manifestations;
- High quality instructional programs and essential student support services, including co-curricular and cultural activities;
environmental sustainability into student learning outcomes ,as well as
implementing a campus culture of conservation; and
- A continuous campus-wide cycle of program review and assessment with integrated planning and resource allocation.