RESEARCH SERVICES AND QUERIES
The Chula Vista Genealogical Society provides research services and answers queries concerning south San Diego County genealogy research.
The services that can be provided include:
• Obituary search in Chula Vista Star-News newspaper (twice-weekly). Microfilm for issues from 1900 to the present is available at the Chula Vista Civic Center Library. A copy can be made and sent by mail or email attachment.
• Obituary search in San Diego Union and Union-Tribune (since 1995) newspapers. The Chula Vista library has an index for 1930 to 1980, and microfilm for issues from 1973 to the present. A copy can be made and sent by mail or email attachment. Copies of obituaries before 1973 can be obtained at the San Diego Public Library in downtown San Diego.
• Directory search in San Diego City and Suburban directories. The Chula Vista library has directories from 1890 to 1982, although the collection is not complete. The directories provide addresses and employer for residents.
• Cemetery search at Glen Abbey Memorial Park (in Bonita), La Vista Cemetery (in National City), Mount Hope Cemetery (in San Diego), Holy Cross Cemetery (in San Diego), Cypress View Cemetery and Mausoleum (in San Diego), and Greenwood Cemetery (in San Diego). These searches are usually done by visiting the cemetery. Digital photos of gravestones can be obtained if requested.
• Marriage and death certificates for San Diego County events can be obtained at the County Clerk's office in Chula Vista on a walk-in basis. There is a fee to obtain a certificate that can be used for non-identification purposes.
The Society would appreciate a $10 donation for these services (in addition to any fee payments).
You may submit requests for information by addressing your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "CVGS Query" in the Subject line.
Forms are available here on the web site which you can fill in and send to the Society to help your researcher, (Click here for FORMS)