FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY OF CUYAHOGA FALLS
Executive Board Meeting
40th Annual Board Meeting
May 21, 2012
President Robert Swedenborg called the meeting to order at 7:00 P.M. He introduced the members of the Friends’ Board.
Sue Harden read the Treasurer’s report for the year ending May 1, 2012.
Rob recounted the year’s activities, which included:
- Two book sales which brought in approximately $27,000.
- Support for the programs offered to patrons, adults and children including the summer reading programs. This year contributing $15,000.
- Each year we donate money to the library for special needs.
- This past year donating several thousand dollars to the Bill Gates Matching Grant which will be used for computers.
- Money was made available for the Puppets and Carpet Squares used in the Childcare’s Department.
- Funds helped to pay for a server used by Circulation and Cataloging.
- We pay for the movie license enabling the library to offer a program of movies for the public.
- We purchase the Book Pages made available monthly to our patrons.
- We provide $2,000 which is placed in escrow for a garden fund. The project will be done in a few years, but we will have built up funds to underwrite it.
- We provide free books accessible to our patrons during the year. We, also, provide books to the elementary schools, the VA and the jail.
- We decorate the Christmas window each year. Scouts from Troop 152 First United Methodist Church helps us not only with the window, but at our book sales. We make a contribution to the Troop.
- We support the Annual Volunteers Luncheon.
The slate of officers for the Board for the following year was presented:
President Mary Ann Kenny
Vice-President Rob Swedenborg
Secretary Nancy Mulhauser
Treasurer Sue Harden
Fred Eaton moved the slate be accepted, Dick Horn seconded. Slate was approved.
The members of the Executive Committee to serve for two years was presented:
Don Bartley Pat Senecal
Sue Harden Dick Smith
Delphia Lowe Rob Swedenborg
Fred Eaton moved acceptance of the slate. Dick Horn seconded. Acceptance was unanimous.
After the meeting was adjourned the Community Chorus again presented a well-received program. Refreshments were served.