Majorette Requirements for Audition:
Majorettes must be in good physical condition and able to perform the medium-advanced compulsory routines and tricks that are required in competitions for twirling associations.
The Golden Girl is a feature baton twirler and is selected through a competitive audition. The Golden Girl must be in good physical condition and able to perform the advanced compulsory routines and tricks that are required in competitions for twirling associations.
Requirements for Audition
1) Submit an application to Dr. Casey Teske, Director of Bands Two weeks before scheduled audition.
All Golden Girl candidates are required to audition on March 8, 2014; 9AM-12PM
2) Perform a two- to three-minute self-composed one, two, and three-baton routine to a complete composition (song) that is on an MP3 player that is supplied by the candidate. The routine must include the following:
a) a toss followed by three spins and successful catch
b) a sequence of fish tails
c) three or more elbow rolls
d) an illusion
e) a horizontal toss followed by two spins and successful catch
f) a high toss trick with spectacular gymnastics moves or
g) a costume or majorette uniform
2) Learn a twirling and marching routine taught by the instructor.
3) Wear practice clothes shoes that will not scuff the wood floors of a gym and bring batons.
4) On the day of the audition arrive 15 minutes early in room 231, the Stanley F. Michalski, Jr. Rehearsal Hall, in the Marwick-Boyd Fine Arts Center.
5) Download, complete, and return the color guard Audition Application to Dr. Casey Teske.
June 28, 2014; 9-12 Color Guard Auditions*
June 28, 2014; 1-4 Majorette Auditions*