Bagh-e-Jinnah (Lahore’s Lawrence Gardens ) is a historical park in the city of Lahore, Pakistan It was formerly known as LawrenceGardens. Today, the large green space contains a botanical garden, a mosque, and Jinnah library situated in a Victorian building
Originally built as botanical garden modelled on Kew Gardens, it was named after John Lawrence, Viceroy of India from 1864 to 1869 The place used to hold his statue, which was later moved to Foyle and Londonderry College in Northern Ireland
Jinnah Garden Lahore that is situated on 141 Acrs at this time, earlier it was in 176 acres, but the land was given to Lahore zoo, botanical garden govt. college university Lahore and to roads alongside the garden. now it is almost the plant area except roads building is 121 Acres. it is most beautiful and well managed botanical garden in Pakistan. it has almost 150 varieties of trees, 140 types of shrubs, 50 types of creepers, 30 palms, almost 100 succulent and about same indoor along with almost all varieties of annual flowers. garden has a good name in Chrysanthemum shows, it was the first institute that started growing chrysanthemum and maximum no of varieties for it. it has 3 nurseries, 4 hilloaks in it. it has two libraries, quaid-e-azam library and Daruslam in it.
The Park has a Tomb of Shia' Sufi Known as Baba Turat Muraad Shah, with a heavy number of visitors
The tall trees that still overlook the ground remind us of the importance of our primordial relationship with nature that modernity continues to alter each passing day. Blake put it well: But to the eyes of the man of imagination, Nature is Imagination itself. Trees symbolise both history and the future by promising regeneration. The Lawrence Gardens maintain a rich collection of rare trees and shrubs, both indigenous and exotic, with more than 6,000 trees. The speaking banyans, rustic keekars and shishams , mystical pipals , quiet oaks and the haunting camphors constitute the universe of the Gardens.
All right Reserved