Burewala officially declared and know as city of Education. Burewala
derives its name from Chah Boreywala which was established prior to
1912. Burewala is an old Mandi and situated on Dehli Multan Road River
Sutlej a crosses Burewala near Jamlera and Sahuka. Derbar of Dewan
Chawli Mashickh is also situated in Dewan Sahib at a distance of 18 km.
from Burewala.In the very beginning it was just a jungle which was
'humanized' by local tribes called "Langrial". When the Pakpattan canal
started its operations in this area, agriculture of the area developed
and the jungle was cut to make cultivation fields. And so people
started to settle in villages. As this area was in 'Eastern Canal
Division' so it was named village no. 439/EB (E.B.= Eastern Bar). In
the Northern side of Burewala, there are still signs of an old water
canal which is now called Sukh Bias.