Pack News‎ > ‎

BSA health forms, as easy as A, B, C

posted Mar 21, 2017, 2:30 PM by Chris Potter
Taking your Cub Scouts on a local tour or your Boy Scouts on a two-night camping trip? The forms you’ll need are different from those required on a camping trip lasting more than 72 hours.

Q. Who needs to complete an Annual Health and Medical Record? 
A. For any and all Scouting activities, all participants must complete Part A and Part B.  "All participants" includes parents, guardians, siblings, youth, staff, and unit leaders. Though Part C is only required for participation in events lasting longer than 72 hours, all BSA participants are encouraged to complete this Pre-Participation Physical during an annual physical performed by a medical professional.

Part A and Part B - This is the one the adult or the Scout’s parents fill out. Parts A and B cover things like contact information, insurance coverage, health history, hold harmless release, photo release, and adult or parent signature.

Part C is usually the one that causes last minute scrambling. It is the physical. It seems like no matter how many times you warn the parents that their kids are going to need a physician’s signature on the medical form, there are some who put it off until right before camp. Part C is required for Scouts and adults if any of the following apply:

  • The event will last more than 72 hours
  • The event is a high adventure base event
  • The event is strenuous and demanding
You can find all BSA health and medical forms in the documents section of the Pack website.