What is a online video?
Media recorded either with a webcam or external video camera, then posted online to a video sharing service for distribution. The video is optimized for easy viewing online and usually also able to be embedded in another website or online course like Blackboard.
Why use a video?
- Add another "personal dimension" to an online course
- Engage auditory and visual learners
Possible Educational Applications of Video
Video announcements and personal messages from the instructor
- Introduction / wrap-up to unit activities
- Exam review tips
- Student-generated content, project deliverable alternative
- Many, many more!
Examples of Video
Free Video Sharing Tools
How To Get Started with Video
- Acquire an inexpensive video camera
- Record your video
- Edit your video (optional)
- Upload to a video sharing service
More Video Resources