- Learn how to implement and call functions.
- Understand what is meant by the term side effect.
- Learn about reference parameters.
- Understand the concept of scope.
- Learn how to use stepwise refinement to solve programming problems.
- Understand how to use pseudocode.
- Learn how to understand code by performing walkthroughs.
- Understand the concept of precondition and how to enforce them with the assert statement.
- Understand how to test programs, including the concepts of unit testing, boundary cases and test coverage.
- Understand how to use a debugger to find logic errors.
- Read Chapter 4 of Big C++, Second edition by Kay Horstmann and Timothy Budd.
- When you are finished, check off that you completed Reading 4 in Blackboard.
I don't have any alternative readings for this reading assignment. If you find something, let me know.