The Computer Supported Collaborative Science group supports science teachers in the San Fernando Valley and surrounding areas. To learn more about what we do, come to our Open House on Feb 11th 9am-1pm at CSUN.
CSCS Monthly Workshops 2016-17
- September 17 - NGSS Assessment. Dr. d'Alessio
- October 8 - Climate Change
- November 12 - Planning Experiments
- December 5 - Developing Models
- January 21 - Supporting English Learners Through the NGSS Practice of Scientific Argumentation
- February 11th - Open house
- March 11th
- April 29th
2016-2017 Science Workshops
NGSS & EP&C Workshop for High school science teachers working on integrating EP& C principles into an integrated science high school classroom (Aug 1-5)
- Mini ELITE workshop for Science, Math and English high school teachers who will work as collaborative teams to teach bridging ninth graders using the NGSS, CCSS and CSCS tools. all teachers participating will become mentor teachers (July 13-14, & 18-22)
CSUN LAUSD NGSS for Middle School science Teachers (LAUSD teachers only) focusing on middle school NGSS framework and participating in one mini teaching lesson (June 20-24& June 26 - July1
Welcome to the Computer Supported Collaborative Science website. CSCS is an effort by Cal State Northridge to support science teachers in the San Fernando Valley. We conduct workshops for science teachers on Saturdays and a summer CSCS Institute. Our current focus is on the use of cloud-computing tools like Google Docs to support data sharing and collaboration in science classrooms.