CSSExplorer plug-in allows easy navigation and edit of CSS files with Notepad++.
2. Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or higher
Download CSSExplorer Binary ZIP file from download section. You will find 2 files in the ZIP file:
1. CSSExplorerSetup.msi – this is the setup of C# component of the plugin –
CSSExplorer setup is very easy. Simply follow these steps:
1. Run CSSExplorerSetup.msi
We developed CSSExplorer on Visual Studio 2005.
Download CSSExplorer Source ZIP file from download section and unzip the zip file to desired directory. You will find 3 sub-directories in this directory:
1. CSSExplorer – this directory contains the C# component of the project
1. \CSSExplorer\CSSExplorer.sln – This is the solution for C# component
1. Open \CSSExplorer\CSSExplorer.sln and compile. Compilation process automatically
1. Remove CSSExplorerAdapter.dll from Notepad++ plug-in directory.
2. Go to Start a Control Panel a Add/Remove Programs and select uninstall CSS eXplorer.
CSSExplorer has 4 main features: TreeView, Validation Service, Web Page Preview and
This feature allows you easy navigation through CSS file. Simply click on desired node in the tree and the program automatically jump to relevant line in the file.
Note: If CSS file contains error, Navigation Tree will not be displayed. Instead, you will see a list of errors that was found in the file. Look at the Validation Service section for more information.
CSSExplorer automatically search for errors in the CSS file. List of errors (if exist) appear in TreeView tab. You can easily navigate between the errors by clicking on them.
Web Page Preview
This feature allows you to test your work on CSS file immediately via HTML Web Page Preview Window. To open web page preview follow this steps:
1. Click on Preview button in CSSExplorer window
This feature allows you to add new parameters and design options to CSS file quickly and easily (support CSS 2.0 defines).
CSSExplorer has 4 design sections: Text, Display, Border, and Dimension. Take a look at the following demonstration movie to understand how to use this great feature: