Dates / Times TBA
Everything collected goes to help McFarland families that need it.
Purpose of Scouting for Food
- Help meet the needs of hungry people.
- Expose Scouts to the highest ideals of the Scouting movement through a practical and dramatic experience in the principle of the “Daily Good Turn.”
- A high-profile activity that demonstrates the strength and value of Scouting by providing a vital benefit to the community.
What is the Need? Hunger hurts…..especially children.
- Hungry children have more health problems, such as asthma, allergies, colds, ear infections, anemia, and others.
- Hungry children suffer four times more fatigue and have trouble concentrating.
- Hungry children can’t learn as well in school and are twice as likely to miss school than other children.
- What’s the Answer? Hunger has a cure. YOU! Hunger is a problem we can do something about by working together. Scouting for Food is a starting point and an example of Scouting’s longstanding commitment to community service.
- Scouts will collect food door-to-door throughout their designated areas. Scouts will bring filled bags to the McFarland Food Pantry. The food pantry will distribute the food to those who are hungry.