Jokes and SkitsA compilation of jokes and skits found on the Internet.
Group Games (from Boy Scout Trail site)
Blue and Gold Planning
General Resources for Cub Scouts
The Den & Pack Meeting Resource Guide contains detailed den meeting plans for each rank. Following the plans helps the boys advance in rank in a timely manner.
The Cub Scout Academic & Sports Program Guide gives Cub Scouts extra recognition for activities in which they participate.
In Academics subjects and Sports, Cub Scouts learn new skills, become better scholars, learn sportsmanship, and have fun.
You can get to know a sport or an
academic subject that’s new to you – maybe astronomy, chess, computers,
science; golf, hiking, tennis, or skateboarding to name a few in the
Belt loops and pins are a great way to
help fulfill the aims of Scouting – build character, develop
citizenship, and encourage mental, physical, and moral fitness.
You can stretch your mind and abilities
in a variety of subjects by exploring the wonders of science, learning
about the world, and expanding skills in new areas.
The Cub Scout Leader Book is a
handbook for all adult leaders in Cub Scouting. Here you’ll find
information to deliver a quality program for the boys. The Cub Scout Leader Book is organized into six sections:
- Introduction: BSA program, Cub Scouting purposes, character development, and family involvement.
- Administration: Guidelines on Cub Scouting policies, finances, uniforms, safety, and pack organziation.
- Boys: Program for all four Cub Scouting ranks, Cub Scouts with disabilities, and managing boys.
- Leaders: Program planning, position descriptions, leader awards, training, and youth protection.
- Activities: BSA Family program, Cub Scout Academics and Sports, outdoor activities, and Cub Scout Camping.
- Appendices: Advancement forms, award applications, tour permit forms, uniform inspection sheets.
Used with the Den & Pack Meeting Resource Guide, the Webelos Leader Guide, and the Cub Scout Leader Book,
this book will enable you to plan den and pack programs that will be
fun for everyone. The Cub Scout Leader How-To Book answers countless
- How do I plan a skit for next month’s pack meeting?
- How do I find a new game that can be played indoors?
- How do I make papier-mache?
- How do I plan the Blue and Gold banquet?
- How do I help make my Cub Scout with special needs more successful?
- How do I make pack meetings more upbeat?
Filled with games, tricks, puzzles,
crafts, stunts, skits, puppets, and outdoor fun, this book will show you
how to make your den and pack activities sparkle. And while boys are
having fun, they will be learning, advancing in rank, and strengthening
relationships with one another.
- Webelos Leader Guide (Publication 33853, $7.99)
The Webelos Leader Guide supplements the Den & Pack Meeting Resource Guide
by providing activity ideas for den meetings, activity badges,
advancement requirements, and Boy Scout transition activities.
Different den program plans are also provided for leaders to use
according to their unique situations.
Boys’ Life magazine targets boys
of Scouting age with a variety of fun-filled, informative articles,
jokes, games, hobbies, and projects. Studies show boys who subscribe to
Boys’ Life magazine stay in the Scouting program longer.
Once registered, adults receive Scouting
magazine as part of their membership fee. Scouting magazine provides
great ideas and information for volunteers regarding all aspects of the
The online monthly podcast “Cubcast”
features specific ideas on how to deilver a a quality program, as well
as regular discussion of issues relevant to Cub Scouting. Browse to www.scouting.org and click on the small purple icon in the lower right icon in the landing page to listen or subscribe to “Cubcast”.
Bottom line – usually boils down to just a few things:
- Night of Troop meetings
- Conflicts with other activities
- Parents’ schedule and driving distances
- Troop activities / programs
- Where the majority of the Den is going
- Booklets for Webelos Requirements
Camping Equipment and Hiking Tips
Pinewood Derby Tips
US Flag Ceremony, History, Etiquette
Organizations Affiliated with Scouting
Stores with Useful Supplies
Parks Good for Hiking
|Carbon Canyon Regional Park
||4442 Carbon Canyon Rd, Brea, Ca. 92823
|El Dorado Park
||7550 E. Spring St, Long Beach – Lakewood, Ca. 90815
|Holy Jim Falls Trail
(O’Neill Regional Park)
|30892 Trabuco Canyon Road, Trabuco Canyon, Ca. 92678
|Irvine Regional Park
||1 Irvine Park Road, Orange, Ca. 92869
|Ralph B. Clark Regional Park
||8800 Rosecrans Ave, Buena Park, Ca. 90621
|Weir Canyon Wilderness Park
||Anaheim, Ca. 92808