Create a Google account if you do not already have one.
Go to: http://www.google.com/
Then go to Blogger at https://www.blogger.com/start
- Use your Google account username and password to log in. Then click on Sign in.
- Enter your display name (such as your first name) and then
accept the terms of agreement. Click
- At the Name Your Blog screen, enter a title. You can always change or delete this title
and blog later. It may take a few attempts to
find a name/url for your blog that is not already used.
- Choose A Template.
Select one of the template styles listed by clicking the button under
the template you like, next to its name.
Then click Continue.
- Click the Start Blogging arrow. You will be taken to a page to write/post
your first entry. Give it a title and
write a sentence or two. Then click on
Publish Post. Click View Post on the
next page to see how it looks.
- From your published blog entry page, select New Post in the
upper right to go back to editing your blog.
- Click on the Layout tab, which lets you re-arrange some of
the layout and add gadgets. If you hover
over an element ( such as About Me or Followers) and it turns into a plus symbol with
arrow tips, you can relocate or remove that element. Click and drag the elements in your page to rearrange their
- Experiment with removing an
element: click where it says Edit,
within the element. A box will open up,
in which you can select Remove on the lower left. To exit the box without making changes, hit
Cancel or close the box. You can restore elements you have removed by using the Add a Gadget feature.
- Add a Search Box.
Click on the Edit button in one of the elements that says Add a
Gadget. When the box opens showing the
Basic Gadgets, select Search Box to add a search box to your blog.
- Have your search box search only your blog by
deselecting the Link From Here and The
Web options. Then click on Save.
- Add an Image. Go to New Post and select the image
icon. On the side that says Add an Image
from the Web, click on Learn More under the space for the URL. In the page called Regarding Images From the Web,
you’ll see a list of sites where you can appropriately copy an image without
violating copyright. You could also add an image from your computer.
If you want to see a sample blog created for this class, click here: http://favoriteveggiedishes.blogspot.com/